Questions for Jason "Professor" Parks

The place where GRB members interview baseball authorities.
AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Re: Questions for Kevin Goldstein

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

How do you account for mental aptitude/attitude for prospects and how much weight do you give that part of a player's game when ranking players?

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

What player are you most proud of scouting and being correct in your assessment? A guy that either everyone was high on and you passed on or a guy that everyone overlooked and you picked to be a useful player? And, what was it that you saw/looked for that other guys missed?

docellis
America's Most Beloved Twitter Joke Thief

Post by docellis »

I don't have a question because you are very accessible via twitter. But I was wondering if you could hook me up with a mattress or 7.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

As an Omaha resident, I'm partial to Werner Park. What's your favorite minor league stadium?

Fan_In_NY
Perennial All-Star

Post by Fan_In_NY »

Transmogrified Tiger wrote:Kevin, what are your thoughts about leagues with extreme run environments? Do you think that heavy hitter's or pitcher's leagues can hurt player development(either by ruining confidence or by hiding weaknesses), or do they just obscure the true talent that will eventually surface regardless?

Copycat!!

http://gatewayredbirds.com/forum/viewto ... 3#p1236646

JackofDiamonds
Bringer of Boston Baked Blue Balls

Post by JackofDiamonds »

Kevin, what are your thoughts about leagues with extreme run environments? Do you think that heavy hitter's or pitcher's leagues can hurt player development(either by ruining confidence or by hiding weaknesses), or do they just obscure the true talent that will eventually surface regardless?

Fan_In_NY
Perennial All-Star

Post by Fan_In_NY »

What skill is least likely to improve in a draftee? Or in another way what skill when you see it in a prospect is the closest to what you are going to get? Are MLB good fielders already good fielders when drafted? Are MLB players with good or a bad batting eye have that at the beginning of their prospect life?

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Post by Radbird »

What's your early take on the 2013 NL Central race and which farmhands will play a significant role with their teams next year?

Fat Strat
Official GRB Sponsor of Larry Bigbie

Post by Fat Strat »

The Cardinals have a handful of largely unheralded prospects playing very well at the major league level -- including Jay, Motte, Craig, Freese, Boggs, Descalso, Lynn, and Kelly. Which player has surprised you the most with his play? And why has that player been able to exceed your expectations?

Transmogrified Tiger
Puppy Murderer

Post by Transmogrified Tiger »

Kevin,

What talents are the most static in player development? Are players with poor pitch recognition less likely to figure it out than those with defensive issues?

More seriously, I can't be bothered to read a three page thread, so I'm going to stop embarrassing myself now.