STL BBQ

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

STL BBQ

Post by Radbird »

Didn't want to turn jim's fine dining rant into a barbeque thread, but planet mentioned the Shaved Duck and it looks yummy. Have to check that out next trip home.

There is a growing list of STL BBQ places I need to check out. Pappy's, Smoki O's, even a place called Richard's Ribs in Kirkwood have all been recommended.

What are GRB's favorites?

JL21
NPR & THT Contributor

Re: STL BBQ

Post by JL21 »

Southtown Pub is very good.

I've also heard that Bogart's is great.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

Capitalist Pig is good stuff. Interesting place. Closed for the season.

haltz
Hall Of Famer

Post by haltz »

Hendrick's Main St, in St Charles. The BBQ is decent to good, the cocktails are really good. I went to the friends and family soft opening and the drinks were great -- got a sampler plate of the BBQ. Maybe because I was buzzed, it was really good too. Fried green tomatoes, brisket and sausage. All were plus.

Matt Seiter is the bar manager and he really shines with the cocktails, much better than Sanctuaria somehow. While I was drinking Hudson's, my gf was drinking something called Grandpa's cough syrup with rye, tea-infused bourbon, ginger something and something else. It was [expletive] delicious.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

haltz wrote:Hendrick's Main St, in St Charles. The BBQ is decent to good, the cocktails are really good. I went to the friends and family soft opening and the drinks were great -- got a sampler plate of the BBQ. Maybe because I was buzzed, it was really good too. Fried green tomatoes, brisket and sausage. All were plus.

Matt Seiter is the bar manager and he really shines with the cocktails, much better than Sanctuaria somehow. While I was drinking Hudson's, my gf was drinking something called Grandpa's cough syrup with rye, tea-infused bourbon, ginger something and something else. It was [expletive] delicious.

Prior to lukethedrifter, my wife went on a date with him. He started the date out by saying "Do you know who I am?"

[/youtube]

IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Post by IMADreamer »

Pappy's is my favorite, with an honorable mention to Southtown. Even though it's a franchise Bandana's isn't half bad. Too bad I never make it past Pappy's when I'm down there though.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

I live really close to Southtown Pub. How have I never heard this before? I heard it mentioned for bbq for the first time about two weeks ago. I will definitely be making a stop in there in the next couple of weeks.

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

Franklin BBQ, Austin TX. Cooper BBQ, Llano, TX. Kreuz BBQ or Smitty's BBQ, Lockhart, TX. Luling City Market, Luling, TX.

oh, i haven't been there, but a good friend says that Bogart's >>> Pappy's, and he likes Pappy's.

jeffbgoofy
All-Star

Post by jeffbgoofy »

Pappy's and PM BBQ. Have a list I need to try to see what else is really good. I wish KC BBQ was here more...

cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardinalkarp »

The two best I've heard is Pappy's (which I've had) & Bogart's (which I have not).