Rant: Ticks

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
jim
Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you

Rant: Ticks

Post by jim »

Hate them. Went out playing with some bass with the fly rod after work and was walking through some tall grass, and sure enough tonight I pulled one off of my neck. Further inspections found another.

Hate hate hate them.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Re: Rant: Ticks

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

I built a duck blind about 100 yards from a river refuge in some woods in southern Arkansas one 110 degree summer day which was awesome. And, then there were the ticks. Despite being dressed in jeans, boots and a long sleeve shirt (more to keep the mosquitos off than anything), I found 4 ticks on me that night....and one more on the tip of my dick while taking a [expletive] at the liquor store after we finished. It was a small mother [expletive]. The tick too.

So, I couldn't really just get it off with my fingernail bc my fingernail wasn't fine enough to get b/w the tick and my penis tip. And, like hell if I was gonna burn it off. Which left me fewer options than I'd have preferred. One was to go to a hospital. Meh. I can probably handle this. The other was to try to use my knife, but after a few beers....I wasn't so sure. But, I did have a pen. A fine point blue ink pen. So, for a couple minutes I tried to get the tip of the pen between my dick and this little tick....while [expletive] in a liquor store in Podunk Arkansas. Finally I got it, but not after coloring my penis head a bright blue. It took more than a week to get my dick back to normal color. I would post a pic, but I think that might break some rules.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH [expletive]

Dick tick?!?!

jim

Post by jim »

Wow, I thought I had a bad story but that takes the cake. I had one latch on to my eyelid as I slept, but nothing like that. Horrifying.

I had my wife check me out head to toe (that ended well), and she found nothing. Then I went into the hot tub, which I just had put a fresh dose of chlorine in. I stayed in for like 30 minutes, submerged my head and all. Changed clothes, watched the Cardinal game. A few minutes ago ... another tick. Where in the hell did it come from?

They are the most resourceful insects in the word. I put it in a little corn on the cob holder thingy and ran scalding hot water on it for 30 seconds. Little mother [expletive] started crawling off of it. Scooped it in the toilet and flushed. You can't kill the little mother [expletive]. I think they could survive a nuclear explosion. You try to step on them and crush them and nada.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

I've had leeches. Not on my dick, but it was still gross as hell.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

My niece had lyme disease. Or has, I don't think it ever goes away completely

there's a chem called permethrin for your hats and clothes. As much as I hate to use pesticides on myself -a few years ago I put on profuse amounts deet to combat biting blackflies UpNorth Michigan. Plan to backpack again up there in July. Next week in southern MO.

This reminds me to get some Frontline for the Big Galoot.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

Believe I might have told of the time I found a tick on my dick head when I was in kindergarten. Didn't even know what a tick was. Had to call Mom to help me.

cardsfansince82
is shooing asian children away from his fridge.

Post by cardsfansince82 »

trill wrote:I've had leeches. Not on my dick, but it was still gross as hell.
That scene from Stand By Me was enough to scar me for life.
lukethedrifter wrote:Believe I might have told of the time I found a tick on my dick head when I was in kindergarten. Didn't even know what a tick was. Had to call Mom to help me.
I had one on my sack about the same age that played out similarly. Apparently ticks are nature's pedophiles.

jim

Post by jim »

I had a buddy in HS that had a farm pond, we used to fish it and there was a little raft thing he had that we went out in once. My buddy jumped in, practically drowned because he got caught up in a bunch of weeds and almost couldn't get out. Once he did he was kind of laying on the raft laughing about it, and then he hopped on the raft. He had several leeches on him and he just completely freaked out. It was pretty funny - except the almost dying part.

That was a good article, I really didn't understand how tic's got lyme disease and did not know that they attached themselves to hosts as larvae. I thought they just did it to get food for eggs, not realizing that they did that at each instar.