Garbage on Facebook

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
Jocephus
99% conan clips

Re: Garbage on Facebook

Post by Jocephus »

Radbird wrote:Wow. That's depressing. But they're okay with Latinos playing MLB?? I guess only those who learn to speak English?
Was Castro unavailable?
Shoulda got someone sweet like Kesha
What was I thinking while he sang? That it was one of the best renditions of the song I'd ever heard.

In my current job, I regularly speak with people around the world. They all make a concerted effort to speak English. I rarely see Americans (myself included) making any attempt to speak theirs.
i was in montreal like, 5 years ago, and i felt so bad that i didn't know a lick of french. now, i was with people who could translate so it wasn't an issue. plus, i dont think i ran into anyone who didn't know basic english (and montreal is big enough to be able to cater to english speakers) but every time i was in a situation where i was talking to a "stranger" i think i always said a "im sorry, do you speak english?" type statement. i felt like a huge rube.

i took like 4 or 5 years of spanish in high school/college but since i don't use it, it's pretty much gone.

wart57
just can't quit you.

Post by wart57 »

pioneer98 wrote:
Jocephus wrote:well its garbage on twitter but apparently people were upset that chapman and cespesdes did their interviews in spanish. the whole "this is america, you're making money here, learn english"...really disgusting stuff
There was also this (some NSFW language):
http://publicshaming.tumblr.com/post/55 ... -superstar
you can't fix stupid.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

JackofDiamonds
Bringer of Boston Baked Blue Balls

Post by JackofDiamonds »

Gross. It's awful to be racist, but to be so actively hateful that you photoshop a picture from a protest about a murdered child to make a disgustingly bigoted joke is just... I hate people sometimes.

Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

JackofDiamonds wrote:Gross. It's awful to be racist, but to be so actively hateful that you photoshop a picture from a protest about a murdered child to make a disgustingly bigoted joke is just... I hate people sometimes.
How do you know it is photoshopped? I gis'ed "1 of my 13 suns" but came up empty. Do you have the access to the original?

Popeye_Card
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster

Post by Popeye_Card »

I'm guessing the sign itself may be authentic. But given the tea party signs over the years, a bit of the pot calling the kettle black here.

JackofDiamonds

Post by JackofDiamonds »

I could not be more certain that the sign is fake. I would bet either one of you $100, right now, that the original sign was correctly spelled and/or had a different number of sons. I am not joking, we can PayPal a 3rd party moderator (planet? She seems trustworthy enough) $100 for anyone that wants to take the bet. If/when one of us finds proof that the sign is legitimate, the winner takes the pot.

There is no chance that sign is real and it's [expletive] disgusting that it was altered.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

GIS "1 of my sons trayvon martin" - apparently from an LA protest - http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/1 ... 00552.html

JackofDiamonds

Post by JackofDiamonds »

Boom.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

wheres my money

i too thought it seemed easily identifiable as shopped. i was glad to find the original (and quite quickly/easily). i hope luke responds with the link to the original to whomever posted it...though its probably not worth the trouble either.