Deleting posts causing lock ups

Need support or have a suggestion on how to improve the site? Post it here.
jim
Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you

Re: Deleting posts causing lock ups

Post by jim »

I can always tell when someone is deleting something because it hangs the entire site up. karp just did it a few minutes ago. I've done it a bunch. doc used to do it 8 times a day.

ghostrunner
Hall Of Famer

Post by ghostrunner »

ghostrunner wrote:Does everyone experience extreme delays when deleting posts? Every once in a while it works smoothly, but most of the time, the page appears to refresh but the loading bar sits forever, and then if I try to open any page on this site on another tab it doesn't load until the delete finishes. It seems like it locks the whole site up.

This has gone on for years, but I either figured it was just me or more recently forgot to mention it. Doc must have seen this in all her deleting experience.

Looked to see if this was a general PHPBB thing, but I couldn't find any reference to it.

I have no idea what I intended here, but it makes no sense. One of those incomplete edits, I'm guessing

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

WE DEMAND ANSWERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

I have none.

jim
Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you

Post by jim »

It seems better now. I can't swear to it but it seems like occasionally it locks the place up if you haven't deleted something in a while, but I was playing around and it deleted things pretty quickly. Different forums, different age of posts, etc... I tried a bunch of stuff and I think it's better.