Rant: Weekend Plans

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Re: Rant: Weekend Plans

Post by Freed Roger »

lukethedrifter wrote:Working that mess of a drunkfest, that Social House of festivals, Mardi Gras. Not the kind of work that involves drinking.

Then work on Sunday. I can't wait to take a vacation.
you may have just won the worst weekend plans award.

cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardinalkarp »

I always vowed to myself I wouldn't be one of those wasted middle age guys trying to rekindle his youth by would heading down to Mardi Gras and drinking entirely too much w/ a bunch of wasted kids in their 20's.

Not to mention, it really is just a giant cluster - [expletive]. Never enough bathrooms so you feel like you have to circle back in line right after you go, the prices are outrageous, you typically freeze your ass off, and oh yeah...did I mention the all the WASTED kids?

<------ Grumpy old dude :P

Molly
Perennial All-Star

Post by Molly »

cardinalkarp wrote:I always vowed to myself I wouldn't be one of those wasted middle age guys trying to rekindle his youth by would heading down to Mardi Gras and drinking entirely too much w/ a bunch of wasted kids in their 20's.

Not to mention, it really is just a giant cluster - [expletive]. Never enough bathrooms so you feel like you have to circle back in line right after you go, the prices are outrageous, you typically freeze your ass off, and oh yeah...did I mention the all the WASTED kids?

<------ Grumpy old dude :P
Not really. All the reasons you mentioned are why I now go to 61 Roadhouse and listen to the Zydeco Crawdaddys!

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Post by Radbird »

My plans are to avoid anyone wearing orange

Molly
Perennial All-Star

Post by Molly »

Radbird wrote:My plans are to avoid anyone wearing orange
:lol: :lol:
Good luck with that.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

fri: wine and pizza

sat: take money out of my savings to pay kansas for the ability to drive a car in their state.

sun: maybe watch a football game

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

Everyone got stomach flu one by one, the kitchen sink broke, and the baby woke up at 2:30 am screaming and wouldn't go back to sleep. Everything is [expletive].

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

Why is it so hard to find people to go to the lake for Memorial Day with me? All of my stupid friends are either going out of town or go to the same bbq every year and will never change their plans? I'm offering people a fun filled day on a boat drinking and floating around a nice lake with other good people... and they have to do NOTHING except show up and bring what they want to drink and maybe some snacks. It isn't like I'm asking people to fill the gas tanks or anything.

I have a total of ONE person who is taking me up on the offer at this point and I don't even really know her. This part might turn into a Rave though. I met her a couple of times at my normal bar when she came in with some other regulars that I'm friends with. Apparently one night we hung out drinking pretty late and I was feeding her tequila. I don't remember that at all. Well, out of the blue yesterday afternoon a picture message shows up on my phone from a number I don't recognize. She had sent me a selfie from work and said 'what's up?' I have no idea how she got my number but I won't complain. I'm going to assume/hope that she got it from one of the other regulars that she works with. Otherwise I'm kind of impressed with and scared of the stalker skills at the same time.

She wants to get together soon. I found out she's off of work Sunday. I made the invite simple. I just said 'Sunday' and sent a picture of the boat and now she's spending the day at the lake with me. Maybe I shouldn't invite anybody else that day and concentrate on Saturday now that I think about it.

And then today I finally got around to RSVP'ing on Facebook to a going away party at the same bar tonight for one of the bartenders who's been there 8 years and leaving. Think she's moving to Florida if I remember correctly, wasn't sober when I found out. Ten minutes after I RSVP to this invitation that's been out there for over a week, this girl who tracked my number down RSVP'd that she'll be there too.

This week/weekend is either going to be the best in a long time or an absolute disaster.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

bow chika wow wow

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

That's what I'm thinking. Things have been going well for me at that bar recently and I've put in zero effort so I'm pretty happy. I don't know what changed but suddenly in the last two months or so I became at least good enough for really drunk girls. And then this girl who texted me yesterday and isn't even one of the drunk ones. She was actually sober thanks to a long drive home from South City to Illinois the times I've met her. Maybe I just finally got old enough for the girls with severe daddy issues because they've all been between 8-12 years younger than me too.