Rant: Weekend Plans

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
tlombard
tl;dr

Re: Rant: Weekend Plans

Post by tlombard »

We'll see. The lake is a bit south of St. Louis so there are times where it storms here but not there. If it rains then we just hang out under cover until it stops. It won't ruin the weekend by any means though.

Just makes the camping part a wet t-shirt contest!

My friends who are camping with me also are the sissy type who let a little rain bother them. If it won't kill us then we just deal with whatever and won't complain. We'll just make the best of it.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

tlombard wrote: It won't ruin the weekend by any means though.

Just makes the camping part a wet t-shirt contest!

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

If I can figure out how to blur faces or crop the photo, I'll post a partial picture. Sadly she's the girl mentioned earlier who can't make it this weekend. Two of the other girls are perfectly acceptable in this contest but man. I really don't think I want to see the other. Although I guess that part's fine. Boobs are boobs and it is mostly true that as a male I want to see every pair I can... just maybe not more than once for some. I just don't find her attractive at all otherwise.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

Aahhhh! I'm way too excited to get out of work. Softball playoffs start tonight and the schedule works out that I get to play with both of my teams. At least one of the two should make it to the Saturday tournament. I'm going to go to the bar after the game to celebrate the end of softball during the week (Tuesdays and Thursdays since the last week of April). And then I'm off tomorrow and taking the girl out for lunch and spending the day doing whatever she wants (she just got a new job today so time to celebrate). Saturday is our all day softball tournament with league provided beer and bbq all day. Maybe I'll get the boat out Sunday.

Or if I get lucky, after lunch she'll decide that she wants to spend the rest of the day on the boat and we can be there in an hour so I can get some boating time in. If I were making the plans I would go pick up the boat from the lake in the morning and then grab her and head up to the river and spend the day cruising along the Mississippi and grab some lunch and/or dinner at the Loading Dock but she's been trying to get a new job for a couple of weeks now and she finally landed one this morning so I'll be nice and let her choose what we do to celebrate. Unfortunately she hasn't been out on the boat yet so she has no idea what she's missing.

Seriously, I'm way too excited to get out of work today. Less than an hour now. Driving me crazy.

IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Post by IMADreamer »

Sounds like a good weekend lined up.

I have a car show in the morning tomorrow and a charity cruise tomorrow evening. I plan to spend tonight making sure everything is good to go for tomorrow. The gf says she'll grill out while I'm working on the car. No complaints there. Sunday is boat day.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

Didn't get to the lake Sunday but still had a great weekend. Went 2-2 in the tournament but won 2 of the 3 games I actually played. The second loss was a forfeit after winning our first two and knocking out the Tuesday regular season champs because my Tuesday team shares the same roster as a Thursday team (I am already on two different Thursday teams) so we couldn't play at the same time. My one Thursday team that made it to Saturday we were up with 2 outs in the bottom of the seventh with nobody on and ended up losing when our left fielder's dive came up just short and the ball bounced off of his glove and too far away for anybody to get to and two crossed the plate for a walk off loss.

Still a ton of fun though. Then we hung around watching the rest of the tournament. And then went to a bar. And then I grabbed ice cream with the girl I've been dating and after starting the day at 9am with my first game, I finally got home some time after 11. I was way too worn out yesterday to do anything.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

I’m in Minneapolis drinking beer then headed for Duluth. I thought I was going to head to Montana but apparently not.

Can’t decide if I’m here to get away from things or think about them more clearly.

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Post by Radbird »

lukethedrifter wrote:Can’t decide if I’m here to get away from things or think about them more clearly.
In my experience, distance generally leads to clarity.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

lukethedrifter wrote:I’m in Minneapolis drinking beer then headed for Duluth. I thought I was going to head to Montana but apparently not.

Can’t decide if I’m here to get away from things or think about them more clearly.
was supposed to be on a canoe trip out of Ely this weekend, but called it off for the forecast pissing rain and snow - as well as teen kid commotion to keep up with

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

Freed Roger wrote:
lukethedrifter wrote:I’m in Minneapolis drinking beer then headed for Duluth. I thought I was going to head to Montana but apparently not.

was supposed to be on a canoe trip out of Ely this weekend, but called it off for the forecast pissing rain and snow - as well as teen kid commotion to keep up with
I’m looking for snow. Where’s Ely?

Found it. Maybe. Pretty sure I’m gonna head to Hibbing in the next day or two.