Separate Politics/Current Events Section?

Need support or have a suggestion on how to improve the site? Post it here.
ghostrunner
Hall Of Famer

Re: Separate Politics/Current Events Section?

Post by ghostrunner »

I didn't get the impression that anyone was complaining.

docellis
America's Most Beloved Twitter Joke Thief

Post by docellis »

ghostrunner wrote:I didn't get the impression that anyone was complaining.
I am. And have been, in the short time that I have returned.

ghostrunner
Hall Of Famer

Post by ghostrunner »

I suppose I read that more as commentary than complaint.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

I've noticed the criticism. I don't think I agree with it.

GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass

Post by GeddyWrox »

stlouie_lipp wrote:
Jocephus wrote:i dont know about you guys but i cannot control where my mouse goes. its like i say i have no interest but damnit the thread keeps opening up! i think ive been hacked.
We get it. You've made this point before. It wasn't funny the first time either.
I thought it was funny. And I am not against the separate forums.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

Jocephus wrote:i dont know about you guys but i cannot control where my mouse goes. its like i say i have no interest but damnit the thread keeps opening up! i think ive been hacked.
Here's a quick, okay maybe not so quick, counterpoint.

I think most people get to work, get a coffee, talk to coworkers, etc, whatever. There's a limited amount of time people have before jumping into work, and also during the day there's limited time to look at threads and check out what's going on.

So, you come in and check the forum. Lo and behold, the political threads have bumped up 10 pages and for me it is just curiosity that I want to see what's going on. And, lo and behold, we've got another back and forth somewhat personal somewhat topic oriented convo going on. Filtering through all that takes pretty much all the time a lot of us have without really cutting into work to filter through it and then get to the important stuff like baseball talk.

Just not having to deal with all that stuff is easier. Plus, by default, separating it out from all the stuff that people want to see in social (movies, fun stuff, etc) makes it less likely people get into these knock down drag out brawls.

Lastly, it's not like it's a locked forum. To check out what's going on in the political arena, it's still easy (easier, really, since there's no need to filter through all the other social stuff) to get to.

I'm glad they did it. It's not a huge deal one way or the other. But, I think you kind of short sell how tough it is not to click on a thread that jumped up insane amounts of pages over night.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

And, to add on to that, I think wanting to see what the hub bub is about regarding threads that are blowing up is a credit to the board and how much of a personal connection we have forged to our 'internet friends'

It's always a shame to see people get into tissies and quit and/or people get attacked and/or people feel like they're not being understood. Like I said in the sticky topic, it's not that we are ignoring politics or current events or not understanding what is going on, it's just easier to find them now and easier to prevent them from dominating the fun loving social aspect to the board.

Again, jmo.

stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Post by stlouie_lipp »

GeddyWrox wrote:
stlouie_lipp wrote:
We get it. You've made this point before. It wasn't funny the first time either.
I thought it was funny. And I am not against the separate forums.
Humor is subjective.