GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently August 24 19, 2:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next

If marijuana was legalized, would you be more likely to use?
Yes 35%  35%  [ 20 ]
No 44%  44%  [ 25 ]
I already do 21%  21%  [ 12 ]
Total votes : 57
 Post subject: Re: Legalizing marijuana
PostPosted: December 11 15, 7:55 pm 
99% conan clips

i want to be your friend

PostPosted: December 12 15, 3:13 am 
Perennial All-Star

I have no interest in ever doing it, but I still think it should be legalized. At least legalized with certain limitations on it.

PostPosted: December 12 15, 8:09 am 
Hall Of Famer

The tax revenue alone would be prodigious.

PostPosted: April 13 16, 9:04 am 
Hall Of Famer

How black people are being shut out of America's weed boom
Quote:
For most jobs, experience will help you get ahead. In the marijuana industry, it’s not that simple. Yes, investors and state governments are eager to hire and license people with expertise in how to cultivate, cure, trim, and process cannabis. But it can’t be someone who got caught. Which for the most part means it can’t be someone who is black.

Even though research shows people of all races are about equally likely to have broken the law by growing, smoking, or selling marijuana, black people are much more likely to have been arrested for it. Black people are much more likely to have ended up with a criminal record because of it. And every state that has legalized medical or recreational marijuana bans people with drug felonies from working at, owning, investing in, or sitting on the board of a cannabis business. After having borne the brunt of the “war on drugs,” black Americans are now largely missing out on the economic opportunities created by legalization.

PostPosted: November 9 16, 8:25 am 
Consider him admonished

Arkansas legalized medical marijuana

http://katv.com/news/local/issue-6

Arkansas has become the first state in the Bible Belt to legalize medical marijuana.

With their approval of Issue 6 on Tuesday, voters will allow patients with a variety of medical conditions and a doctor's permission to buy marijuana from dispensaries. Patients won't be allowed to grow their own.

PostPosted: November 10 16, 5:17 am 
All-Star

Mary1966 wrote:
Since I posted last in this thread, I have noticed that some of my neighbors in my apartment complex who have medical marijuana cards are using it to get stoned, and there was been a bonanza of weed shops in my neighborhood. July is when recreational marijuana becomes legal in Washington state. I don't think I am going to like the results. As someone who has never tried marijuana and is not supposed to take it because I am on psychiatric medication, I look at my neighbors and wonder about how getting stoned on a regular basis impacts their lives.

I'd look at the decades of studies on the subject and worry more about your neighbours who are getting drunk every day, to be honest.

Was legalisation on the ballot in Missouri? Any info on how a vote would go?

PostPosted: November 10 16, 5:44 am 
Consider him admonished

Mary1966 wrote:
Since I posted last in this thread, I have noticed that some of my neighbors in my apartment complex who have medical marijuana cards are using it to get stoned, and there was been a bonanza of weed shops in my neighborhood. July is when recreational marijuana becomes legal in Washington state. I don't think I am going to like the results. As someone who has never tried marijuana and is not supposed to take it because I am on psychiatric medication, I look at my neighbors and wonder about how getting stoned on a regular basis impacts their lives.

Ask them.

PostPosted: November 10 16, 9:00 am 
Don't tone police me bro!

Famous Mortimer wrote:
Mary1966 wrote:

I'd look at the decades of studies on the subject and worry more about your neighbours who are getting drunk every day, to be honest.

Was legalisation on the ballot in Missouri? Any info on how a vote would go?

Medical missed the ballot by about 20 signatures. It probably would have passed.

PostPosted: November 10 16, 11:25 am 
darjeeling sipping elite

Was going to be Amendment 5. That's why they skipped for 4 to 6 on the ballot.

PostPosted: November 10 16, 11:05 pm 
is shooing asian children away from his fridge.

20 signatures? Really? I thought I had read Show Me Cannabis already had enough and then just never heard anymore.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next