GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently October 21 19, 2:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: January 10 17, 2:04 pm 
has a link from 538 to share

Quote:
President-elect Donald Trump met with Robert F. Kennedy, Jr., a leading anti-vaccine activist, on Tuesday to discuss vaccination policy, incoming White House press secretary Sean Spicer said.

Kennedy drew fire last year for describing a "holocaust" of children allegedly hurt by immunization (he later apologized for the term), and both Trump and Kennedy have spread fringe theories linking vaccines to autism in children, an idea that medical experts overwhelmingly reject and have warned is endangering public health.

For reference:

No conspiracy is too dumb for our president.

PostPosted: January 10 17, 3:37 pm 
Hall Of Famer

I don't want to sail on this ship of fools.

PostPosted: January 10 17, 4:05 pm 
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

I'm a big RFK fan. This anti-vaccine thing he's got going on baffles me.

PostPosted: January 11 17, 7:57 am 
Hall Of Famer

Love that bipartisanship

PostPosted: February 15 17, 4:12 pm 

There are no words.

RFK Jr. says Trump still wants 'vaccine safety commission'

Quote:
President Donald Trump remains committed to investigating a link between vaccines and autism, and his staff are still in contact with environmentalist Robert F. Kennedy Jr. about leading a “vaccine safety commission” to investigate the issue, Kennedy told reporters Wednesday.

Quote:
Kennedy said Trump staffers, following his high-profile meeting with Trump, originally urged him to talk about the commission, but they called that evening to say they had “gotten out over our skis” and had to give a more ambiguous statement about Trump’s plans. However, Kennedy said he has been contacted twice since that meeting and “they say they are still going forward with it.”

“The president told me, 'I know the pharma industry is going to cause an uproar about this, and try to make me back down, and I’m not going to back down,’” Kennedy said. “’They tried during the campaign and I didn’t back down and I’m not going to back down.'"

The commission would be made up of “Americans of the highest integrity” who had not previously taken a position on the vaccine safety issue, Kennedy said. They might include corporate CEOs and “doctors on television,” he said. The commission would investigate CDC’s handling of vaccine safety and conflicts of interest at the agency."

Last edited by Michael on February 15 17, 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: February 15 17, 4:24 pm 
Hall Of Famer

The [expletive] Trump is shoveling day after day on his twitter acct might be comical if he wasn't serious.

PostPosted: February 15 17, 4:30 pm 
just can't quit you.

Simple question. I am a believer in vaccines. I have had my kids vaccinated. I have gone off on several of my wife's cousins who are thinking about not vaccinating their kids. I think not vaccinating your kids is barbaric and very dangerous to not only your kids, but the public at large. But what would be the harm in doing a real, in depth scientific study to make sure all of the vaccines are safe. To get some real statistics to combat the off the wall claims that the anti-vaxers are spewing?

PostPosted: February 15 17, 4:33 pm 

wart57 wrote:
But what would be the harm in doing a real, in depth scientific study to make sure all of the vaccines are safe. To get some real statistics to combat the off the wall claims that the anti-vaxers are spewing?

The research and statistics already exist. Tons of it. I recommend watching frontline doc for more info: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/film/vaccines/

PostPosted: February 15 17, 4:39 pm 
just can't quit you.

Michael wrote:
wart57 wrote:
But what would be the harm in doing a real, in depth scientific study to make sure all of the vaccines are safe. To get some real statistics to combat the off the wall claims that the anti-vaxers are spewing?

The research and statistics already exist. Tons of it. I recommend watching frontline doc for more info: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/film/vaccines/

Any chance that a government study - a real unbiased one would be more accepted by some of these anti-vax nut jobs? I have tried to explain to them over and over, given actual numbers and stats, and still get the same response - "Autism has gone up since vaxing has gone up."

PostPosted: February 15 17, 4:46 pm 

wart57 wrote:
Michael wrote:
wart57 wrote:

Any chance that a government study - a real unbiased one would be more accepted by some of these anti-vax nut jobs? I have tried to explain to them over and over, given actual numbers and stats, and still get the same response - "Autism has gone up since vaxing has gone up."

No, because real unbiased government and university studies from all over the world exist that find no link between vaccines and autism yet the crazies keep going. I recommend watching the frontline documentary. It's infuriating. I'd also pass it along to anyone who is unsure on this issue. If they watch it and they still aren't convinced they are lost cause and there is no saving them.

The fact that the leader of the free world is dumb enough to give this any credence is frightening.