GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently September 23 19, 12:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
PostPosted: February 11 17, 8:22 am 
Hall Of Famer

It sounds like mass deportations are starting.

Federal agents conduct immigration enforcement raids in at least six states
Quote:
Trump has pledged to deport as many as 3 million undocumented immigrants with criminal records. Last month he also made a change to the Obama administration’s policy of prioritizing deportation for convicted criminals, substantially broadening the scope of who the Department of Homeland Security can target to include those with minor offenses or no convictions at all.

This part made me lol - ICE tried to throw Political Correctness at the WaPo but they aren't having it:
Quote:
ICE dislikes the term “raids,” and prefers to say authorities are conducting “targeted enforcement actions.”

Christensen said the raids, which began Monday and ended Friday at noon, found undocumented immigrants from a dozen Latin American countries.

They sound like scary people:
Quote:
ICE agents in the Los Angeles area Thursday swept a number of individuals into custody over the course of an hour, seizing them from their homes and on their way to work in daytime operations, activists said.

PostPosted: February 11 17, 10:31 am 
R-E-S-P-E-C-T...What Dr Pepper Means to Me

Scary stuff.

Maybe I wasn't so crazy for supporting the 2nd amendment for the purpose of defending ourselves against our own government. This administration doesn't bother pretending to not be Nazis.

PostPosted: February 11 17, 11:28 am 
Hall Of Famer

TGantz wrote:
Scary stuff.

Maybe I wasn't so crazy for supporting the 2nd amendment for the purpose of defending ourselves against our own government. This administration doesn't bother pretending to not be Nazis.

But Hillary was, you know, worse.

PostPosted: February 11 17, 11:30 am 
darjeeling sipping elite

So the answer to everything is more guns and more gun protection.

PostPosted: February 11 17, 12:45 pm 
R-E-S-P-E-C-T...What Dr Pepper Means to Me

Hillary lost me when she implied we should go to war with Russia. I didn't vote for Trump. But I was optimistic that was saying crazy [expletive] to get elected then make mostly financial changes and healthcare. Unfortunately, he's a psycho.

But regardless, it's the situation we're in. And it's scary.

Not sure where I said I want more guns. I'm referring to people thinking the 2nd amendment being there to defend from tyranny was a crazy, outdated concept. It's not.

PostPosted: February 11 17, 12:49 pm 
Don't tone police me bro!

TGantz wrote:
Not sure where I said I want more guns. I'm referring to people thinking the 2nd amendment being there to defend from tyranny was a crazy, outdated concept. It's not.

I always said that if there was a good reason for the 2nd amendment, it was this, and i remember feeling like a crazy conspiracy theorist for saying it really not all too long ago.

PostPosted: February 11 17, 1:11 pm 
Perennial All-Star

Schlich wrote:
TGantz wrote:

I always said that if there was a good reason for the 2nd amendment, it was this, and i remember feeling like a crazy conspiracy theorist for saying it really not all too long ago.

I've always said that, but I've also said that it's outdated. It's not outdated because we have a nutjob president, it's outdated because the US military he would deploy, should an armed coup spring up, would be swift and merciless. The US military is far too advanced to fall to a civilian militia. An immigrant holding a gun and taking shots at immigration officials who are coming for him and his family would end with a very poor result for that gun owner.

PostPosted: February 11 17, 1:43 pm 
darjeeling sipping elite

TGantz wrote:
Hillary lost me when she implied we should go to war with Russia. I didn't vote for Trump. But I was optimistic that was saying crazy [expletive] to get elected then make mostly financial changes and healthcare. Unfortunately, he's a psycho.

But regardless, it's the situation we're in. And it's scary.

Fair enough. Still, what middle said. Plus, soooo many of the pro gun ppl I know are okay with Trump's antics. Maybe they're just the vocal ones.

PostPosted: February 11 17, 2:37 pm 
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

TGantz wrote:
Scary stuff.

The immigrants arming themselves to fight off Bannon's feds. Wouldnt that be suicidal?

PostPosted: February 11 17, 3:18 pm 
MLB.TV Customer Support

TGantz wrote:
Maybe I wasn't so crazy for supporting the 2nd amendment for the purpose of defending ourselves against our own government.

Cause not having a two day waiting period and a background check on your 9mm is going to protect you from drones.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next