2017 NFL Thread - Become a Chiefs Fan! (Or Don't)

A forum for non-baseball sports
InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

2017 NFL Thread - Become a Chiefs Fan! (Or Don't)

Post by InvincibleCakeEater »

lol Bears

Massive overpay to Glennon
Lose Alshon Jeffrey to the Eagles on a 1 year deal

Also have no clue WTF the Chiefs are doing
Last edited by InvincibleCakeEater on September 21 17, 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Re: 2017 NFL Thread

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

The Browns made a very Sixers trade taking on Osweiler to land a 2nd rounder. I assume Depodesta had a lot to do with this.

My Jags won the offseason Super Bowl two years in a row!

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

I legitimately don't get why teams trade with the Patriots. It's not even in the "they're the best team in the league" sense, it's that these trades all seem to end up lopsided in their favor. Like, if the Pats engage you in trade talks, how do you not run in the other direction?

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

MrCrowesGarden wrote:I legitimately don't get why teams trade with the Patriots. It's not even in the "they're the best team in the league" sense, it's that these trades all seem to end up lopsided in their favor. Like, if the Pats engage you in trade talks, how do you not run in the other direction?
Brandin Cooks for the 32nd pick. Damn.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

And 15 spots in the mid rounds! Like if it was Cooks for a 1st and 3rd... ok. But somehow the Pats get a 4th too.

Fat Strat
Official GRB Sponsor of Larry Bigbie

Post by Fat Strat »

InvincibleCakeEater wrote:Also have no clue WTF the Chiefs are doing
Bringing Berry back was a no-brainer. They're tight with salary cap so they decided Poe was expendable for now and will try to resign him. I think the Chiefs believe his injury history might drive his price down and they can snag him again. They also have Jaye Howard coming back and Chris Davis and could bring in another nose tackle... they'll be just fine.

The surprise was re-signing Laurent Duvernay-Tardif. The Chiefs think that they have the makings of a very good young line, so they're locking up the best parts of it to keep it together for the long term.

We all knew they would release Charles and Foles. They'll draft a versatile RB to replace him and we still have Ware.

The big talk is whether the Chiefs would go after Romo, but that never made any sense to me. Lots of speculation that the Chiefs will grab a QB in the draft. It seems like the perfect draft to get a QB in the last first round or early 2nd round and let them sit behind Smith for a year. We have the extra picks to move up if we need to. Smith's contract is easy to get out of in 2018, so it makes a ton of sense to keep him for '17, draft and develop a QB, and then re-evaluate for '18.

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

lukethedrifter wrote:
MrCrowesGarden wrote:I legitimately don't get why teams trade with the Patriots. It's not even in the "they're the best team in the league" sense, it's that these trades all seem to end up lopsided in their favor. Like, if the Pats engage you in trade talks, how do you not run in the other direction?
Brandin Cooks for the 32nd pick. Damn.
seems like a good deal for the pats.

im sure they will somehow end up with 3 or 4 first round picks by the time the draft comes around though

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

For the third time in two years, an NFL franchise has relocated. I still love football but I have reservations about committing to a league that hardly commits to its fans

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Post by Radbird »

Las Vegas Raiders. Gonna take some getting used to. One more state to cross off the name-the-states-with-no-big-four-sports-teams list.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

Radbird wrote:Las Vegas Raiders. Gonna take some getting used to. One more state to cross off the name-the-states-with-no-big-four-sports-teams list.
You already had to do that with the Vegas Golden Knights. :wink: