TV Thread - beware, [expletive] can get spoilery

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
go birds
-go birds

Re: TV Thread - beware, [expletive] can get spoilery

Post by go birds »

yea he was in the "season preview" after the episode so its no doubt him.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

heyzeus wrote:
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:
heyzeus wrote:
go birds wrote:friendly reminder that BETTER CALL SAUL starts tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I know it's typical Gilligan M.O., but the episode dragged. I like watching Mike be methodical as much as the next guy, but that was like 20 minutes of him taking apart a bug and putting it back together.
What was going on...wasn't really paying attention and didn't pick everything up.

Did he find out what it was, keep it with him, then replace it with his own so he could track them when they picked it up? If so, where did he place their original tracking device when they picked it up? Surely they would notice that it wasn't the original tracking device when their monitor started showing the location getting farther away after they picked it up, no?

What was the gas cap he set on the top of the shack and wouldn't they notice it was a different car that they picked up the gas cap from?
I believe he removed their bug, and wore down the battery. The guys that bugged his car had to come back and replace it, but he had switched in his own identical bug, so that they'd bring it home and he could track them. I assume that by the time they realize they have in their possession a new bug, Mike will have tracked them down.

We don't know who it is that was following Mike yet, but there's about a 99% chance it's a certain Ozzie Smith lookalike who runs a chicken chain.
thanks. Follow up question then is how did the gas cap get from the station wagon he was driving in the desert to the sedan he had at his house?

Tim
Consider him admonished

Post by Tim »

And they put the bug in Mike's beater car, but when they returned they picked up the bug in the black ride. Did I miss something?

Secret Weapon
Perennial All-Star

Post by Secret Weapon »

They placed bugs in both cars

And yeah the slowwww burn continues

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

MrCrowesGarden wrote:"13 Reasons Why" on Netflix is really good.Takes the high school problems I faced to an entirely different level, but I also didn't go to high school in the era of Twitter/Facebook/Instagram, etc. Hell, I don't even think text messaging was a thing.
I finished it today. Can't recommend it enough.

ghostrunner
Hall Of Famer

Post by ghostrunner »

The Leftovers is back, so probably my favorite show currently on the air. Both really audacious and thoughtful, though I'm always a little twitchy when it feels like it's leaning toward explicitly spiritual rationalizations.

Better Call Saul and The Americans are both moving slow, but I find them both plenty enjoyable to watch.

Better Call Saul stepped it up a bit this week though, and I'm thinking Chuck is going to force some set of conditions that lead to him becoming Saul. Also guessing Kim breaks it off with him soon.

I'm still curious how the show makes the jump from what's going on now to what I presume will pick up in Omaha at some point. Mike's a major character who dies on another show. Or is there a chance he didn't die after Walt left him? Just not sure how that gets handled on BCS in a way that's satisfying. Also still curious how the transition from Jimmy to Saul works among all these Albuquerque characters.

Veep premiere was kind of meh.

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

Fargo is EASILY the best series going right now

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

Secret Weapon wrote:They placed bugs in both cars

And yeah the slowwww burn continues
Slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
is the best way to put it.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

MrCrowesGarden wrote:
MrCrowesGarden wrote:"13 Reasons Why" on Netflix is really good.Takes the high school problems I faced to an entirely different level, but I also didn't go to high school in the era of Twitter/Facebook/Instagram, etc. Hell, I don't even think text messaging was a thing.
I finished it today. Can't recommend it enough.
Lots of negative reviews from mental health professionals saying it potentially normalizes suicide.

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

If you're not watching brockmire...you're missing out