Random musings

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
Farewell Friends
Snayke's Bottomline

Re: Random musings

Post by Farewell Friends »

Viva El Birdos has the most annoying Cardinals comment sections. This was a site that -- five years ago -- would insist Tyler Greene was an unappreciated gem. Now they work themselves into a lather over Tommy Pham. GRB has its share of silliness, but when you see how stupid other forums can be, you really come to appreciate this place.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

That is a fact. Every so often I'll peak at Cards Talk and can't believe the garbage on there. I can never make it more than a page or so of a couple of comments before I have to quit. Same with their Food Talk. They can't even stay on topic for two posts before the same people start fighting about complete nonsense.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

It's the same a lot of places. Especially when a team is struggling, fans tend to think the backups could do better than the starters....which is silly. But, it's not uncommon.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

I live in Ohio...used to seeing a lot of Reds and Indians fans; but amazingly there are now Cubs fans that have been living in the shadows that see fit to wear their colors everywhere. I don't mind people repping their team no matter where they are from; but I just wonder where these people have been the last ten plus years I've lived here.

stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Post by stlouie_lipp »

AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:It's the same a lot of places. Especially when a team is struggling, fans tend to think the backups could do better than the starters....which is silly. But, it's not uncommon.
The most popular QB for the Bears the last 10 years has been the backup.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

stlouie_lipp wrote:
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:It's the same a lot of places. Especially when a team is struggling, fans tend to think the backups could do better than the starters....which is silly. But, it's not uncommon.
Even better, the mispronounced version of the backup. Kyle Orkman. Josh McNown.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

thrill wrote:
stlouie_lipp wrote:
I miss the days of Edmunds and Roland on CT.

Farewell Friends
Snayke's Bottomline

Post by Farewell Friends »

VEB is different. You expect Cards Talk to suck because it's attached to the P-D and thus a magnet for idiots, but VEB has some legit writers and their commenters exert so much dumb energy on things like Peter Bourjos and Tommy Pham.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

thrill wrote:
stlouie_lipp wrote:
Don't they say that the most popular athlete on most college campuses is the backup QB?

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

CardsofSTL wrote:I live in Ohio...used to seeing a lot of Reds and Indians fans; but amazingly there are now Cubs fans that have been living in the shadows that see fit to wear their colors everywhere. I don't mind people repping their team no matter where they are from; but I just wonder where these people have been the last ten plus years I've lived here.
If it's anything like I've seen at Busch Stadium this season, ten years ago they were in grade school or diapers. And two years ago they weren't cubs fans.

I almost started something with two drunk girls on Tuesday night at the Cards game. I went out to have a smoke and they were both probably 21 or 22 and completely hammered. Wearing cubs shirts. And going on and on about the cubs finally winning their first World Series. They had no idea that they had won the World Series before last year. They are definitely not actual cub fans. I wanted to tell them to STFU (and more) but I just left it alone and went back in the stadium.