GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently November 13 19, 6:02 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: May 17 17, 8:56 am 
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

moving this here.
InvincibleCakeEater wrote:
Economic anxiety tho...

Dollar markets currently down 1.5%. Dollar lost a lot of value. just about all forms of instability will do this for the day. the orange tub of goo now taking his show abroad - which means more trouble, surely.

I think the markets have already factored in, perhaps already factored out Trump and GOP snake oil promise of priming the pump, and egads! more top-end tax cuts. it's all phony, like drinking a 3rd Red Bull will help keep you awake.

I don't like to see my the retirement or investment funds go down -but better for the economy and markets (and oh yeah, people) to have these weak economic premises kicked down.

We shall see.

PostPosted: May 17 17, 9:41 am 
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster

Sure seems to me in my brief and very unscientific monitoring of real estate prices in select markets over the past few years, we are building up another housing bubble. Hope I'm wrong.

PostPosted: May 17 17, 9:42 am 
"I could totally eat a person if it were a life/death situation"

Freed Roger wrote:
moving this here.
InvincibleCakeEater wrote:
Economic anxiety tho...

Dollar markets currently down 1.5%. Dollar lost a lot of value. just about all forms of instability will do this for the day. the orange tub of goo now taking his show abroad - which means more trouble, surely.

I think the markets have already factored in, perhaps already factored out Trump and GOP snake oil promise of priming the pump, and egads! more top-end tax cuts. it's all phony, like drinking a 3rd Red Bull will help keep you awake.

I don't like to see my the retirement or investment funds go down -but better for the economy and markets (and oh yeah, people) to have these weak economic premises kicked down.

We shall see.

I disagree. I think the stock markets have risen based onTrump's promises. For example, the DJIA went from ~18,200 in November to ~21,000 and is down a couple hundred points today.) Trump's promises included tax cuts, infrastructure spending, loosened regulation on the financial sector, etc. If those promises don't materialize, the markets will come back over time. Unless there's another reason they jumped about 10-15% post election (which I'm not seeing), markets are either overvalued or they are waiting for those promises to start materializing. Check that, they're likely both.

PostPosted: September 11 18, 6:57 am 
Hall Of Famer

Conjuring Up the Next Depression
Quote:
During the financial crisis of 2008, the world’s central banks, including the Federal Reserve, injected trillions of dollars of fabricated money into the global financial system. This fabricated money has created a worldwide debt of $325 trillion, more than three times global GDP. The fabricated money was hoarded by banks and corporations, loaned by banks at predatory interest rates, used to service interest on unpayable debt or spent buying back stock, providing millions in compensation for elites. The fabricated money was not invested in the real economy. Products were not manufactured and sold. Workers were not reinstated into the middle class with sustainable incomes, benefits and pensions. Infrastructure projects were not undertaken. The fabricated money reinflated massive financial bubbles built on debt and papered over a fatally diseased financial system destined for collapse.

What will trigger the next crash? The $13.2 trillion in unsustainable U.S. household debt? The $1.5 trillion in unsustainable student debt? The billions Wall Street has invested in a fracking industry that has spent $280 billion more than it generated from its operations? Who knows. What is certain is that a global financial crash, one that will dwarf the meltdown of 2008, is inevitable. And this time, with interest rates near zero, the elites have no escape plan. The financial structure will disintegrate. The global economy will go into a death spiral. The rage of a betrayed and impoverished population will, I fear, further empower right-wing demagogues who promise vengeance on the global elites, moral renewal, a nativist revival heralding a return to a mythical golden age when immigrants, women and people of color knew their place, and a Christianized fascism.

The 2008 financial crisis, as the economist Nomi Prins points out, “converted central banks into a new class of power brokers.” They looted national treasuries and amassed trillions in wealth to become politically and economically omnipotent. In her book “Collusion: How Central Bankers Rigged the World,” she writes that central bankers and the world’s largest financial institutions fraudulently manipulate global markets and use fabricated, or as she writes, “fake money,” to inflate asset bubbles for short-term profit as they drive us toward “a dangerous financial precipice.”

PostPosted: September 11 18, 11:15 am 
Hall Of Famer

pioneer98 wrote:
Conjuring Up the Next Depression
Quote:
During the financial crisis of 2008, the world’s central banks, including the Federal Reserve, injected trillions of dollars of fabricated money into the global financial system. This fabricated money has created a worldwide debt of $325 trillion, more than three times global GDP. The fabricated money was hoarded by banks and corporations, loaned by banks at predatory interest rates, used to service interest on unpayable debt or spent buying back stock, providing millions in compensation for elites. The fabricated money was not invested in the real economy. Products were not manufactured and sold. Workers were not reinstated into the middle class with sustainable incomes, benefits and pensions. Infrastructure projects were not undertaken. The fabricated money reinflated massive financial bubbles built on debt and papered over a fatally diseased financial system destined for collapse.

What will trigger the next crash? The $13.2 trillion in unsustainable U.S. household debt? The $1.5 trillion in unsustainable student debt? The billions Wall Street has invested in a fracking industry that has spent $280 billion more than it generated from its operations? Who knows. What is certain is that a global financial crash, one that will dwarf the meltdown of 2008, is inevitable. And this time, with interest rates near zero, the elites have no escape plan. The financial structure will disintegrate. The global economy will go into a death spiral. The rage of a betrayed and impoverished population will, I fear, further empower right-wing demagogues who promise vengeance on the global elites, moral renewal, a nativist revival heralding a return to a mythical golden age when immigrants, women and people of color knew their place, and a Christianized fascism.

The 2008 financial crisis, as the economist Nomi Prins points out, “converted central banks into a new class of power brokers.” They looted national treasuries and amassed trillions in wealth to become politically and economically omnipotent. In her book “Collusion: How Central Bankers Rigged the World,” she writes that central bankers and the world’s largest financial institutions fraudulently manipulate global markets and use fabricated, or as she writes, “fake money,” to inflate asset bubbles for short-term profit as they drive us toward “a dangerous financial precipice.”

encouraging