GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently November 21 19, 10:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 282 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 29  Next
PostPosted: August 8 17, 4:03 pm 
Perennial All-Star

PostPosted: August 8 17, 4:14 pm 
Consider him admonished

IMADreamer wrote:
thrill wrote:
To all the people who "just couldn't stomach voting for Hillary:"
Voting has consequences.

Pro life Christians
are who you are talking about. Not their their pro life stance meant anything before since they are all so blood thirsty anyway but it's just another part of this big sick joke.

Hmm I don't think they were the ones who pushed it over the top for Trump. Unless you're talking about those folks in Ohio, PA and MI who voted for Obama. If so, you may be right.

PostPosted: August 8 17, 5:20 pm 
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Tim wrote:
IMADreamer wrote:
thrill wrote:
Voting has consequences.

Pro life Christians
are who you are talking about. Not their their pro life stance meant anything before since they are all so blood thirsty anyway but it's just another part of this big sick joke.

Hmm I don't think they were the ones who pushed it over the top for Trump. Unless you're talking about those folks in Ohio, PA and MI who voted for Obama. If so, you may be right.

Which pro life Christians voted for Obama? They were all screaming he's a baby killer and Muslim lover. You know then 8 years later they all said the same thing about Hillary as they gleefully voted for Trump. Who as far as I can tell has definitely never even opened a bible, let alone read it.

The Christian right routinely votes to kill people. Whether it's war hawks, those that vote against health care, those that support the death penalty, or those who support guns, thus fueling the gun violence in America. That's a [expletive] fact. The Christian right is very much anti life despite claiming to be the opposite.

PostPosted: August 8 17, 5:35 pm 
Consider him admonished

IMADreamer wrote:
Tim wrote:
IMADreamer wrote:
thrill wrote:
Voting has consequences.

Pro life Christians

Which pro life Christians voted for Obama? They were all screaming he's a baby killer and Muslim lover. You know then 8 years later they all said the same thing about Hillary as they gleefully voted for Trump. Who as far as I can tell has definitely never even opened a bible, let alone read it.

The Christian right routinely votes to kill people. Whether it's war hawks, those that vote against health care, those that support the death penalty, or those who support guns, thus fueling the gun violence in America. That's a [expletive] fact. The Christian right is very much anti life despite claiming to be the opposite.

Yeah we are arguing the same thing. It seems like you'd be pissed at Obama voters who voted for trump, who are most likely not the pro life Christians

PostPosted: August 8 17, 5:36 pm 
Consider him admonished

As far as voting to kill people, again I agree. My Christianity prohibits me from being pro choice and for the death penalty. Those feelings clearly aren't shared by a lot of Christians

PostPosted: August 8 17, 5:43 pm 
Hall Of Famer

Diddy wrote:
Arthur Dent wrote:

There have been been at least three incidents when various officers were given orders for a nuclear launch and chose not to obey. One hopes this pattern continues.

Ok I googled it and can't find them. What are the three, I'd enjoy reading about them.

Except in the first case, my memory of "ordered" wasn't correct, but these are the stories I was thinking of:

Capt. William Bassett (now disputed):
http://thebulletin.org/okinawa-missiles-october8826

Vasili Arkhipov (During the Cuban missile crisis, provided the 1 vote that prevented a nuclear torpedo launch decision by a Soviet submarine under attack by U.S. destroyers):
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2016/03/you-and-almost-everyone-you-know-owe-your-life-to-this-man/

Colonel Petrov (Chose not to relay to Moscow an apparent detection of an incoming U.S. missile strike):
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-24280831

PostPosted: August 8 17, 6:41 pm 
has a link from 538 to share

North Korea Threatens Missile Strike on Guam (a United States Territory)

Quote:
Washington (CNN)North Korea's military is "examining the operational plan" to strike areas around Guam with medium-to-long-range strategic ballistic missiles, state-run news agency KCNA said early Wednesday local time.

The threat comes just hours after US President Donald Trump warned Pyongyang that if they continued to threaten the US, they would "face fire and fury like the world has never seen."

NK calls Trump's bluff (?) within hours.

PostPosted: August 8 17, 7:03 pm 
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

Michael wrote:

Quote:
Washington (CNN)North Korea's military is "examining the operational plan" to strike areas around Guam with medium-to-long-range strategic ballistic missiles, state-run news agency KCNA said early Wednesday local time.

The threat comes just hours after US President Donald Trump warned Pyongyang that if they continued to threaten the US, they would "face fire and fury like the world has never seen."

That's why Trump is gonna get us in trouble. You can't out over-the-top North Korea. They will always out-crazy us. Stupid [expletive] like Trump said escalates the crazy until something gets lost in translation and a real missile gets launched.

God damn it, I was enjoying my life.

PostPosted: August 8 17, 7:31 pm 
Hall Of Famer

Tim wrote:
IMADreamer wrote:
Tim wrote:
IMADreamer wrote:
thrill wrote:
Voting has consequences.

Pro life Christians

Yeah we are arguing the same thing. It seems like you'd be pissed at Obama voters who voted for trump, who are most likely not the pro life Christians

There were a few Obama voters that voted for Trump

There were more Obama voters that were barred from voting at all this time around

There were also a lot of people who chose not to vote at all, who voted last time around

And then there is an enormous group that never votes in any of the elections

There are millions whose votes for downballot candidates are meaningless as far as reigning in Trump because they are gerrymandered

I'm pissed about all these things

PostPosted: August 8 17, 7:42 pm 
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Michael wrote:

Quote:

and Trump gets his war that saves his Presidency. You know what they will say, can't impeach a war time President. We will drop sanctions to win over Russia support and the raiding of America will continue.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 282 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 29  Next