Cards veterans griping about their teammates

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
Hoot45
Perennial All-Star

Re: Cards veterans griping about their teammates

Post by Hoot45 »

Spider John wrote:I'm not talking about misjudging a fly. I'm talking about a fly ball that he is camped under and waiting for it to come down. He has plenty of time to get in position and make the catch, but waits until the ball is right on him, and just flips his glove open long enough to make the catch. There's is absolutely no reason for him to do that, and nothing to be gained. It's just styling.
And don't even get me started on Carlos Martinez's arrogant hair, amirite?

Swirls
gone fission

Post by Swirls »

Hoot45 wrote:
Spider John wrote:I'm not talking about misjudging a fly. I'm talking about a fly ball that he is camped under and waiting for it to come down. He has plenty of time to get in position and make the catch, but waits until the ball is right on him, and just flips his glove open long enough to make the catch. There's is absolutely no reason for him to do that, and nothing to be gained. It's just styling.
What about how Edmonds was all style in most of his diving plays? If he had hustled faster to get in better position, he wouldn't have had to dive so often. ALL STYLE.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

Results talk and [expletive] walks

Fat_Bulldog
likes to grate his own cheese

Post by Fat_Bulldog »

This seems like something that a true "Leader of Men" would nip in the bud before it was an issue. Really should never have been an issue at all.

Spider John
Hall Of Famer

Post by Spider John »

Swirls wrote:
Hoot45 wrote:
What about how Edmonds was all style in most of his diving plays? If he had hustled faster to get in better position, he wouldn't have had to dive so often. ALL STYLE.

Not today, not tomorrow, but one day Dexter will drop one like this, and i will bump this thread, and you'll all be sorry.

And purple hair doesn't make anyone drop a ball. It does, however, make you overthrow bases at an epic clip.

TimChopsula
Veteran Player

Post by TimChopsula »

Spider John wrote:
Swirls wrote:
Hoot45 wrote:

Not today, not tomorrow, but one day Dexter will drop one like this, and i will bump this thread, and you'll all be sorry.
Like this (second part of the clip)?

Spider John
Hall Of Famer

Post by Spider John »

Listening to Jenn Langosh on Bernie talking about Fowler. She says that saying Fowler is the first to leave is unfair, and is not accurate. Also, she says that the reason Fowler was late to the clubhouse is because he has his own training staff and regiment that he pays for himself, and a lot of his work is done elsewhere.

There's a lot more here about the clubhouse in the 9 AM hour):

https://www.101sports.com/show_notes/da ... ns-studio/

Fat Strat
Official GRB Sponsor of Larry Bigbie

Post by Fat Strat »

Every time we have a good season we hear all about how great the clubhouse was. The team had chemistry. And every time we have a bad season we hear all about how bad the clubhouse was. The team lacked chemistry. Gotta change the chemistry in the clubhouse.

Blah blah blah.

I'm not saying that some chemistry is involved in this whole baseball thing, but the bullpen didn't implode because Dexter Fowler left the clubhouse early.

Hoot45
Perennial All-Star

Post by Hoot45 »

Spider John wrote:Listening to Jenn Langosh on Bernie talking about Fowler. She says that saying Fowler is the first to leave is unfair, and is not accurate. Also, she says that the reason Fowler was late to the clubhouse is because he has his own training staff and regiment that he pays for himself, and a lot of his work is done elsewhere.

There's a lot more here about the clubhouse in the 9 AM hour):

https://www.101sports.com/show_notes/da ... ns-studio/
Ortiz is a hack and it would not be surprising if his story turned out to be inaccurate.

Famous Mortimer
Perennial All-Star

Post by Famous Mortimer »

Ortiz is fine. He just isn't a shill for the current product.