2017-2018 Blues (Hockey) Season

A forum for non-baseball sports
IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Re: 2017-2018 Blues (Hockey) Season

Post by IMADreamer »

Great analysis Theo. I agree and the possessions have been the worry for me so far, but this team has been fun to watch for the first week.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

I shouldn't go to the bar to watch the game tonight since I have plans to meet a former co-worker for happy hour tomorrow and then a long day Saturday... but I am going anyway.

Without having cable at home, it is the easiest way to watch the game so I'll suck it up and go to the bar. So far I've watched 3 of the 4 games this season from a bar and they've won them all so let's make it 4 out of 5!

My liver is going to hate hockey now that I can't watch at home.

cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardinalkarp »

tlombard wrote:I shouldn't go to the bar to watch the game tonight since I have plans to meet a former co-worker for happy hour tomorrow and then a long day Saturday... but I am going anyway.

Without having cable at home, it is the easiest way to watch the game so I'll suck it up and go to the bar. So far I've watched 3 of the 4 games this season from a bar and they've won them all so let's make it 4 out of 5!

At that rate cable and drinking at home is gonna be cheaper!

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

cardinalkarp wrote:
tlombard wrote:I shouldn't go to the bar to watch the game tonight since I have plans to meet a former co-worker for happy hour tomorrow and then a long day Saturday... but I am going anyway.

At that rate cable and drinking at home is gonna be cheaper!
Nah. Not with hockey at least. Saturday I was going to be at a bar anyway since I was on a bar crawl through Soulard all day so that one doesn't count at all. And my tab is generally about $20 at most when I go to a bar just to watch the game thanks to $2.25 bottles during all Blues and Cards games. I was paying $250/month to Charter somehow with movie channels, sports package so I could get FSMW, two boxes, DVR, modem rental for the Internet, etc. I was getting scammed.

Edit: I just have to stay away from shots. The season opener was not smart. I was in a really good mood because hockey was finally back and decided to buy shots for me and whoever I was talking to every time the Blues scored. I had a $93 tab before tip. That's not a normal night if I'm just there to watch the game though.

JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear

Post by JCShutout »

Nice analysis Theo. It may not last, but I think, if nothing else, getting Steen and Berglund back makes the 3rd line better, which makes the 4th line better, which will keep the team competitive enough to make the playoffs and be a tough matchup. Bou is overpaid and past his prime, but much better than Gunnarson and Bortuzzo. If we can get one kid D to grow enough to be ready to be a regular player next year, that would do wonders.

If that top line just had Fabbri... Pushing Boat to the 3rd line, 4th eventually... oh well.

Also, note to self: Sit next to and talk to tlombard when the Blues score goals to get free shot... I mean, enjoy, uh, conversation...?

Hoot45
Perennial All-Star

Post by Hoot45 »

tlombard wrote:Without having cable at home, it is the easiest way to watch the game so I'll suck it up and go to the bar. So far I've watched 3 of the 4 games this season from a bar and they've won them all so let's make it 4 out of 5!
What is your bar of choice for Blues games? I frequent Friendly's and can tell you that the Blues fan people watching is as good as the hockey over there.

Farewell Friends
Snayke's Bottomline

Post by Farewell Friends »

Friendly's is still open? He used to constantly advertise on McKernan's show and Bernie's show back in the day, but I don't think he's done anything since opening the south county spot.

Leroy
a bad penny always turns up
Location: Hanging out with my redneck, white socks and Blue Ribbon beer.

Post by Leroy »

Thanks, Theo. :rant:

JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear

Post by JCShutout »

Blais seemed like he looked good out there on the 2nd line.

GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass

Post by GeddyWrox »

I blame Theo for this current slide. All was well until he pointed out they likely sucked. LOL