The Asshat Thread

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
wart57
just can't quit you.

Re: The Asshat Thread

Post by wart57 »

BottenFieldofDreams wrote:Image
That sounds like sexual harassment to me...

Tim
Consider him admonished

Post by Tim »

[tweet][/tweet]

sighyoung
Mayor of GRB

Post by sighyoung »

I wish simple expressions of sympathy weren't so difficult.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

I just found out that I probably put myself in this category on Monday or Tuesday by accident. We found out Monday that our facility services group is being laid off and their last day is next week. Some of us were talking about it outside and trying to figure out who is and isn't impacted and they were trying to figure out who one guy is. I am not friends with him on Facebook but a friend of mine sent me a picture of him awhile back that he'd posted (and sent to her). Well, in the picture are a couple of assault rifles, body armor and a big knife. He's holding the rifles, wearing the body armor and the knife is hanging from the body armor covering his junk. I showed the picture because it's hilarious when you know the guy personally which most of us did. Then I joked that maybe the layoff is why we just had an active shooter drill a couple of days before, which also happened to be the day that they told the people they were getting laid off.

What I didn't think about is that one of the women was born in Yugoslavia and fled to the US to get away from the horrible things her and her family went through there in the early 90s. Coupled with the Vegas mass shooting, which caused her to have flashbacks, the picture I showed and the joke about the active shooter drill caused her to get worried. She was worried enough that she pulled her boss into a conference room the other day to talk to him about it.

I feel really bad that I'm pretty much the one who made the joke and showed the picture that caused her to be afraid. I want to apologize to her but I figure it's probably best to just leave it alone and never mention it. Definitely a reminder to be a lot more careful about pictures and jokes like that when you don't know the background of everybody around you. We talk all the time and I knew where she was from but we never talked about why her family came here and I never made the connection.

sighyoung
Mayor of GRB

Post by sighyoung »

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

sighyoung wrote:
I'm fairly certain that these days all 'hit men' are actually undercover cops. I can't believe that people are still stupid enough to try and hire a hit man. Scratch that, people are extremely stupid.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass

Post by GeddyWrox »

That family is a trainwreck.

cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardinalkarp »

GeddyWrox wrote:
That family is a trainwreck.
I like this little tidbit....
McCain’s selection eventually proved unpopular among some conservatives who questioned whether Palin had the experience and knowledge to be a heartbeat away from the presidency
I guess this slipped their minds when they nominated one of the biggest imbeciles known to man and the least experienced candidate in the history of the U.S. up to be the President of the United States.
Last edited by cardinalkarp on December 19 17, 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.