Random musings

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Re: Random musings

Post by stlouie_lipp »

cardsfansince82 wrote:I'll probably get roasted for this, but the number of "people that legitimately need a service dog" has gotten out of hand in a hurry.
I represent a lot of landlords, and I couldn't agree more. Anyone can go online and for $50 get "emotional support" credentials without ever actually meeting with anyone.

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

My wife works someone who got "emotional support" tags for no other reason than they wanted to take the dog in to spaces they typically aren't allowed.

haltz
Hall Of Famer

Post by haltz »

We had some regular customers years ago with an unnecessary service dog that would sit with them in one of the semi-private rooms and they'd order it a $30 entree

Diddy
Perennial All-Star

Post by Diddy »

Our neighbor was recently attacked by a pit bull that the lady was allowed to keep in town because she had it listed as a service dog. There is an ordinance preventing pit bulls in town that aren’t service dogs. She has no need for a service dog, even keeps it kenneled outside all the time, not sure what service it’s doing out there.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

Diddy wrote:Our neighbor was recently attacked by a pit bull that the lady was allowed to keep in town because she had it listed as a service dog. There is an ordinance preventing pit bulls in town that aren’t service dogs. She has no need for a service dog, even keeps it kenneled outside all the time, not sure what service it’s doing out there.
Obviously the service of keeping your neighbor away.

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Post by Radbird »

Will there ever be an iPhone 9/IX?

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

lukethedrifter wrote:My daughter just totaled her car because she was driving too fast in wet conditions. If it weren’t for airbags they’re likely would’ve been three dead.
Repeatedly tried to teach her why was a terrible idea to drive so fast. She knows everything. Maybe she learned something this time.

Thank Ralph Nader.
Rant: Without consulting the other parent, the mother bought herself a new car and gave the kid her old one. Not because she deserved it but because the mother didn’t want to have to be bothered with driving her anywhere.
Rave: I’m not paying for any of it AND get a $5200 check for the car she totaled.

#parenting

wart57
just can't quit you.

Post by wart57 »

Radbird wrote:Will there ever be an iPhone 9/IX?
I just wonder who's bright idea it was to make the damn X completely out of glass...

cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardinalkarp »

wart57 wrote:
Radbird wrote:Will there ever be an iPhone 9/IX?
I just wonder who's bright idea it was to make the damn X completely out of glass...

Is that yours?

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

I got the iPhone 8 and the glass back is so slippery it almost defies my understanding of friction and gravity. I've set it on level tables and it somehow slides off without me touching it. Maybe it's the vibrate. I have no idea how it's possible but it happens.