Random musings

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Re: Random musings

Post by heyzeus »

Michael wrote:I ate 7-11 pizza today. Applebees would have been an upgrade.
That's like Keenan watching The Hottie and the Nottie.

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

Freed Roger wrote:
WTH? My image of Michael is crushed.
I'm really polar when it comes to food. Either I eat foodie stuff or cheapo garbage. Mid-tier food is the worst

But the 7-11 pizza was a bridge too far. I'm gross.

Schlich
Don't tone police me bro!

Post by Schlich »

Michael wrote:
Freed Roger wrote:
I'm really polar when it comes to food. Either I eat foodie stuff or cheapo garbage. Mid-tier food is the worst

++ to all of this

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

i've never considered applebees to be embarrassing but i couldn't tell you the last time i've been there and definitely not the first place i'd think to go.

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

Schlich wrote:
Michael wrote:
Freed Roger wrote:

++ to all of this
Thank you for agreeing that I'm gross, Schlich.

Schlich
Don't tone police me bro!

Post by Schlich »

I said what I meant and I meant what I said ;)

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

I'm not a snob about much as evidence by my 7-11 pizza post. There is one thing I'm weirdly snobby about - luggage. When I'm in an airport and I see someone hauling around massive cheap looking luggage I throw my nose up in the air. I'm sure cheap luggage makes sense for people who rarely travel, but my god have some pride in yourself.

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Post by Radbird »

Jocephus wrote:i've never considered applebees to be embarrassing but i couldn't tell you the last time i've been there and definitely not the first place i'd think to go.
Not embarrassing, just bad. When I used the first half of the gift card, the food was awful. Ribs that were mushy piles of goo with some occasional bone and gristle thrown in. Shrimp like rubber. Rolls like rubber. Yuck.

Socnorb11
The Last Word

Post by Socnorb11 »

Things like ribs & shrimp can be tricky. I'd probably go elsewhere for that stuff. I think Applebee's is alright in a pinch for a sandwich or chicken alfredo............... things that are pretty low-maintenance.

Diddy
Perennial All-Star

Post by Diddy »

tlombard wrote:
CardsofSTL wrote:I haven't been to an Applebees since college I think...and O'Charley's has gone downhill now too. Finding good local spots is pretty much the only way to go nowadays.
I'm by no means a fan of Applebees (haven't been to one in over a year) but they do fill a certain void. If I'm passing through an unfamiliar area and need something decent and quickly I at least know what I'm getting there. I'd rather discover a locally owned place on the way but sometimes a chain is the best option available when you don't have time to do the research or travel far out of your way in an unfamiliar area.
This is what I hate about chains and fast food. I expect to get the same taste and quality regardless of location. Maybe an Applebee’s type chain has some local specialities but I want consistency across locations. The inconsistency is a huge reason I don’t go to many of these types of restaurants. It’s also a big reason that I will look for a Chick-fil-A if I’m looking for fast food. You can pretty much count on Chick-fil-A to be fast, fresh, clean and consistent across all locations.