Signs you are getting old

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Signs you are getting old

Post by stlouie_lipp »

Let's face it. This board was started over 10 years ago and we all ain't getting younger. Aside from the random aches and pains that we wake up having - sometimes out of nowhere - what makes you feel old?

I'll start...

I feel old every time I am invited to do something and the first thing I figure out is how late I am going to get home. If it's after 10:00 p.m., I'll probably say no.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Re: Signs you are getting old

Post by lukethedrifter »

My shoulder hurts. All the time. And yeah, I don't really want to stay out that late.

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

I havent listened to any new music in about a year

Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

When there is a ballplayer you remember being a rookie after you were an adult who's kid is now retiring or retired from the game.

I'm thinking of the Fielders in particular.

obucard
Perennial All-Star

Post by obucard »

My uncle knew he was getting old when he saw an old rerun of The Andy Griffith Show and thought Aunt Bee looked kinda good.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

Physical: Stopped going bald and became bald, constantly hurt, noticeable decline of quick twitch muscles
Emotional/mental/social: Hobbies have shifted from entertainment/fun oriented to value oriented. Inner circle of friends is much smaller and tighter.

I don't really feel old, I just hurt. Playing basketball with 20 year olds makes me realize just how much I've slowed unfortunately.

Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

obucard wrote:My uncle knew he was getting old when he saw an old rerun of The Andy Griffith Show and thought Aunt Bee looked kinda good.
A corallary to this: You know you are old when college girl look like high school girls.

ZigZagCardsFan
Perennial All-Star

Post by ZigZagCardsFan »

Waking up sore from 7+ hours of sleep.

My mattress if fairly new too.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

the top of my head is starting to thin. i can still get good coverage when its combed and all but if its wet or a bad wind...oh man i hate it...and i can't grow long hair anymore...i gotta keep it trim.

i try to get in 30-40 mins of cardio and/or weights a day but i know i just don't have that athletic crispness as i used to.

i think david spade once relayed a story (in regards to dating and getting older) of chris rock saying "you can be bald or you can be fat. you can't be both". while i'm a perpetual loner and terrible with relationships it's always stuck with me.

i hate spending money, going out...though i've been like that my whole life, hah.

theres many things i just don't care about anymore. and i'm starting to get lost on some pop culture references.

i really can't sleep past 8am anymore.

Gashouse
Perennial All-Star

Post by Gashouse »

I appreciate a good nap.