2017 NFL Thread - Become a Chiefs Fan! (Or Don't)

A forum for non-baseball sports
Swirls
gone fission

Re: 2017 NFL Thread - Become a Chiefs Fan! (Or Don't)

Post by Swirls »

lukethedrifter wrote:
JoeMcKim wrote:Now that the Eagles have won a Super Bowl the NFC East is the only division in all of football where every one of its members has won a Super Bowl. With only 4 team divisions you wouldn't think that it would be so hard to accomplish.
Cardinals’ last NFL Title was 1948.

52 Super Bowls and 32 teams means they’d have to be pretty evenly distributed for every team to have won one.
1947 (when they were still in Chicago before relocating to St. Louis). The Eagles won it in 1948.

Yeah, the above statement regarding titles is kind of a misnomer. The Packers have 13 NFL championships, but only four Super Bowl titles. The Chicago Bears are #2 in total championships with nine, but that includes only one Super Bowl title (the 1985 team). The Eagles now have four championships, one of which is a Super Bowl title.
Last edited by Swirls on February 5 18, 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hoot45
Perennial All-Star

Post by Hoot45 »

Despite all the yards, points, and even the game coming down to one last Tom Brady possession, I still did not find this Super Bowl that interesting. Was I too drunk to notice a good game in front of me, too impossible to please, too apathetic about the matchup, or did others think the same? Someone diagnose me. I thought the NCAAF title game was excellent, for comparison.

Schlich
Don't tone police me bro!

Post by Schlich »

I would say it was one of the first two

Socnorb11
The Last Word

Post by Socnorb11 »

pioneer98 wrote:
Radbird wrote:Philly is burning.
People are flipping over cars and burning things. But it's white people so no need for tear gas or tanks.

I'm pretty sure that Philadelphia has more black people than any other U.S. City except NY and Chicago. Maybe it's just the white folks burning the city, though.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

Swirls wrote:
lukethedrifter wrote:
JoeMcKim wrote:Now that the Eagles have won a Super Bowl the NFC East is the only division in all of football where every one of its members has won a Super Bowl. With only 4 team divisions you wouldn't think that it would be so hard to accomplish.
Cardinals’ last NFL Title was 1948.

52 Super Bowls and 32 teams means they’d have to be pretty evenly distributed for every team to have won one.
1947 (when they were still in Chicago before relocating to St. Louis). The Eagles won it in 1948.

Yeah, the above statement regarding titles is kind of a misnomer. The Packers have 13 NFL championships, but only four Super Bowl titles. The Chicago Bears are #2 in total championships with nine, but that includes only one Super Bowl title (the 1985 team). The Eagles now have four championships, one of which is a Super Bowl title.
I knew that. ‘48 was last year Cards were in Title game until the SB game against the Steelers.

pioneer98
Hall Of Famer

Post by pioneer98 »

Hoot45
Perennial All-Star

Post by Hoot45 »

Socnorb11 wrote:
pioneer98 wrote:
Radbird wrote:Philly is burning.
People are flipping over cars and burning things. But it's white people so no need for tear gas or tanks.
I'm pretty sure that Philadelphia has more black people than any other U.S. City except NY and Chicago. Maybe it's just the white folks burning the city, though.
We know it was white people because the news is calling them "overzealous fans." If it were black people, the news would say something like "thugs are rioting."

Socnorb11
The Last Word

Post by Socnorb11 »

That's nice. Give me an example of when the AP has described black fans rioting as "thugs".

You know there are black people in the photo that you just posted, right?

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

there was the whole looting vs finding things kerfuffle

https://www.salon.com/2005/09/02/photo_controversy/

sighyoung
Mayor of GRB

Post by sighyoung »