NFL is a bunch of limp wristed libs. We need an alternative.

A forum for non-baseball sports
MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Re: NFL is a bunch of limp wristed libs. We need an alternat

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

Basically, yes. Or it folds before it ever begins.

vinsanity
Chili dog truther

Post by vinsanity »

Jocephus wrote:8 teams, 40 man rosters. that's 320. lets give each team 10 "extra players" for tryouts and injuries. that's 400. are there really 400 more NFL fringe players out there? i guess, yes, technically, but how far is the drop?

i realize people go [expletive] nuts for football but seems like talent goes a long way for fan interest, eh? i mean, didn't rockies and tampa bay rays get players from other teams/organizations? at least that's obtaining players who had reached a certain level/expectation.
I'm actually kind of surprised they don't try to go more of an alternative to college football.

I bet you could put together an interesting league with high schoolers who sign a 3 year contract to get paid before trying the NFL, grab fringe NFLers out of college or that wash out after a year or two and run it in the spring. It'd take 5+ years to settle in and get systems and coaches and continuity in place to have a good product on field but could be interesting IMO.

wart57
just can't quit you.

Post by wart57 »

The St. Louis team should be the Savages...

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

Shared A Colony Park With My Sisters And Brother Strummer

TGantz
R-E-S-P-E-C-T...What Dr Pepper Means to Me

Post by TGantz »

I'd go to a game or two. I could see the market in those fringe cities that arent quite big enough to have mlb, nba, nhl, or nfl teams.

Caravan Rowe

st.lewis11
Hall Of Famer

Post by st.lewis11 »

Mustang Pfeiffer

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

I'm torn on this. I still love football even though I refuse to actively support the NFL so I would love to have a local team in this league for even a short time before it folds but at the same time, I am not a fan of Vince M. I can respect his ability to build the wrestling empire he has but I just don't like the man personally. I also don't like his clear focus on appeasing old white men to try and turn them from the NFL with his anthem requirement and 'no criminal' policy. I'll stop just short of racist but there are undertones there. Sure, it is probably a smart way to market his new league with the current state of the nation but I don't like it one bit. If a team were to land here, I would probably lean towards supporting the team just because I miss professional football in town even though the quality will probably be pretty questionably.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

Running football games on Saturdays mid-January into March might actually fit a void in the athletic year...if the football was watchable.

Hoot45
Perennial All-Star

Post by Hoot45 »

No anthem protests and no criminal records. I wonder what they're trying to say? I'm waiting for the announcement that stadiums won't be located in inner cities. And the inaugural game will be a matchup between prison guards versus inmates, Longest Yard style.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

Red State Football. Make Football Great Again.