The Cardinals are basically giving away tickets

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

The Cardinals are basically giving away tickets

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

$5 tickets with a $5 concession credit for those who can’t see the tweet

cardsfansince82
is shooing asian children away from his fridge.

Re: The Cardinals are basically giving away tickets

Post by cardsfansince82 »

That'll get you half a bottle of water!

Hoot45
Perennial All-Star

Post by Hoot45 »

It's a flash sale available on February 13th only and fans can purchase up to 8 tickets.

I'll probably load up 4 games for Mrs. Hoot and I with the 8 ticket limit. Since we bailed on season tickets we've been trying to take advantage of all the deals they offer. The Sunday free hot dog and soda voucher thing is a nice deal too.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

Slower. You can tell by the deals they're offering. But also from people in the know.
by Derrick Goold 2:16 PM

How are season ticket sales going for the Cardinals as opposed to last year at this time?
by AustinTx 2:16 PM

Hoot45
Perennial All-Star

Post by Hoot45 »

Picked up games against the White Sox, Marlins, Royals, and Nationals. Total was about $57 for 8 tickets after fees so an average of around $7 per ticket. That's a little more than I normally like to pay (you can often StubHub games for <$5) but the concessions credit makes it worth it. My wife is excited about adding 4 more games to the calendar and the $5 frozen margaritas she plans to drink each night.

phins
Sobbing quietly during Fox programming

Post by phins »

Put a better product on the field and ticket sales will magically improve.

dmarx114
Hall Of Famer

Post by dmarx114 »

I don't know why anyone would buy season tickets in this day and age.

Spider John
Hall Of Famer

Post by Spider John »

phins wrote:Put a better product on the field and ticket sales will magically improve.
There's probably some outdated metric they use that shows it's cheaper to give away tickets than it is to spend money to have the best team possible.

Hoot45
Perennial All-Star

Post by Hoot45 »

dmarx114 wrote:I don't know why anyone would buy season tickets in this day and age.
Only reason we kept buying season tickets was for the Opening Day and Postseason benefits. But once the Cardinals ramped up dynamic pricing and took away the postseason STH benefits it just didn't make sense at all. Plus with so many teams in MLB not competing, you get more bad games on your schedule than you do premium games. We are much happier to take advantage of the low end of dynamic pricing and promos these days.

dmarx114
Hall Of Famer

Post by dmarx114 »

Hoot45 wrote:
dmarx114 wrote:I don't know why anyone would buy season tickets in this day and age.
Only reason we kept buying season tickets was for the Opening Day and Postseason benefits. But once the Cardinals ramped up dynamic pricing and took away the postseason STH benefits it just didn't make sense at all. Plus with so many teams in MLB not competing, you get more bad games on your schedule than you do premium games. We are much happier to take advantage of the low end of dynamic pricing and promos these days.
I had New York Jets season tickets for 20 years. I gave them up last year and purchased in the secondary market instead. I still attended 6 games and saved a ton.

Wow, no post season benefits really makes it pointless.