2018 NFL Offseason Thread

A forum for non-baseball sports
Swirls
gone fission

Re: 2018 NFL Offseason Thread

Post by Swirls »

MrCrowesGarden wrote:The Browns have been busy today.
I figured the Pack would do something with Randall. He has been quite a disappointment in his 2-3 years in Green Bay. They plucked someone from Alabama with their first round pick in three consecutive years, and only really hit a homer with one of them (Clinton Dix). Lacy was only really good for a year, and Randall was pretty much disappointing from day one.

It will be interesting to see what they do with Kizer now. I wonder if they're gonna put Hundley on the block now? No reason to carry two backups capable of being halfway decent starters, right?

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

"Legal tampering" highlights:

- The Jaguars made Andrew Norwell, a guard, the highest paid lineman by AAV. They know what their bread and butter is.
-Allen Robinson to the Bears
-Sammy Watkins to the Chiefs
- Case Keenum to the Broncos
- Drew Brees back to the Saints (not a surprise realize but pretty shocking they let it get this far)

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

Kirk Cousins gets a fully guaranteed 3 year deal from the Vikings

Swirls
gone fission

Post by Swirls »

MrCrowesGarden wrote:Kirk Cousins gets a fully guaranteed 3 year deal from the Vikings
That's interesting. Although with Keenum and Bradford gone, they had to do something. Cousins was likely the best** FA available, right? I suppose that means it is indeed the end of the Teddy Bridgewater era.

**A fully-healthy Bradford would be comparable I suppose, provided his 2016 was actually his skillset moving forward.
Last edited by Swirls on March 14 18, 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardinalkarp »

MrCrowesGarden wrote:Kirk Cousins gets a fully guaranteed 3 year deal from the Vikings
As a Vikings fan I like this.

Gashouse
Perennial All-Star

Post by Gashouse »

cardinalkarp wrote:
As a Vikings fan I like this.
Agree. They have a lot of nice pieces. Go all in and win now.

Socnorb11
The Last Word

Post by Socnorb11 »

Keenum actually had a better year than Cousins. That's not to say that he's better than Cousins, but he's definitely better value.

Looks like Sammy Watkins will be able to feed his family. That's a ton of money to a wide receiver that has never quite lived up to expectations. That said, if Mahomes is good, their offense should be in great shape.

wart57
just can't quit you.

Post by wart57 »

Sam "no knee" Bradford is your new Arizona Cardinals QB.

cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardinalkarp »

Socnorb11 wrote:Keenum actually had a better year than Cousins. That's not to say that he's better than Cousins, but he's definitely better value.

Looks like Sammy Watkins will be able to feed his family. That's a ton of money to a wide receiver that has never quite lived up to expectations. That said, if Mahomes is good, their offense should be in great shape.
The chance of Keemun repeating that season is slim & none, he did amazing as the interm QB but no way could anyone expect him to duplicate that next year.

Socnorb11
The Last Word

Post by Socnorb11 »

cardinalkarp wrote:
Socnorb11 wrote:Keenum actually had a better year than Cousins. That's not to say that he's better than Cousins, but he's definitely better value.

The chance of Keemun repeating that season is slim & none, he did amazing as the interm QB but no way could anyone expect him to duplicate that next year.

He doesn't really have to be THAT good, but there's no reason why he can't be really good. Denver's team is similarly structured to Minnesota's. Considering what Denver has been throwing out there for the last 4 years, Keenum is guaranteed to be an upgrade.

I don't think it's out of the question that be better than Cousins again. All things considered, Cousins was maybe the 9th or 10th best QB last year. Keenum could finish in that range.