cancer

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Re: cancer

Post by CardsofSTL »

Tim wrote:Hey everyone,

Thanks to all who have donated! Yall are the best. My wife and I are racing this weekend! If you want to throw $5 or $10 for blood cancer research and obtaining donors, you can do so at the link below

http://www.bethematchfoundation.org/sit ... fr_id=4144

Maybe some positive mojo will head the Cardinals way with a donation.

Thanks,
Bill
bump

Good luck on the 5K tomorrow Bill-Tim. hmm...kind of like BenFred.

Tim
Consider him admonished

Post by Tim »

Hey guys

Just an update! I won my age group and was the top fundraiser. GRB NEVER DISAPPOINTS! Thanks everyone!

Diddy
Perennial All-Star

Post by Diddy »

Had a family member diagnosed with cancer yesterday. Initial prognosis sounds like they caught it early and that surgery and treatment will be successful. He’s younger then me and his wife is pretty shook up.

Tim
Consider him admonished

Post by Tim »

Diddy wrote:Had a family member diagnosed with cancer yesterday. Initial prognosis sounds like they caught it early and that surgery and treatment will be successful. He’s younger then me and his wife is pretty shook up.
I can't imagine. Hope the treatment completely eradicates the cancer.

Diddy
Perennial All-Star

Post by Diddy »

I’m 38 now, I don’t really feel all that old most of the time. One of the beat writers that I follow on FB posts all of the area obits. I’m amazed and deeply saddened by how many are younger then me. Cancer took my moms life at 50 when I was just out of high school. It seemed young at the time but as I get closer to 50 it seems even younger.

stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Post by stlouie_lipp »

That sucks, Diddy.

Good job, Tim.

Cancer sucks on all levels.

IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Post by IMADreamer »

Diddy wrote:I’m 38 now, I don’t really feel all that old most of the time. One of the beat writers that I follow on FB posts all of the area obits. I’m amazed and deeply saddened by how many are younger then me. Cancer took my moms life at 50 when I was just out of high school. It seemed young at the time but as I get closer to 50 it seems even younger.

Hate to hear about your family member Diddy. Hope they get through it with ease. 50 is young, 38 is younger. I'm going to throw something out to you that my late gf said to me one time when I had a little health scare. I had been having some dizziness for a couple days and shrugged it off. On day three she called and made me an appointment and said "Darryl Kile dropped dead of a heart attack at 33 years old. You are no Darryl Kile." Meaning I was in worse shape. lol

It hit home though.

Diddy
Perennial All-Star

Post by Diddy »

Finally made it to Atlanta. Here for Family members renal cancer surgery. Hopefully all goes well and his recovery goes well. He’s not going to do well taking it slow.

stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Post by stlouie_lipp »

Good luck, Diddy.

G. Keenan
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

Post by G. Keenan »

Best of luck, Diddy! Hope it all goes well.