Seller's Market

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Re: Seller's Market

Post by CardsofSTL »

tlombard wrote:
CardsofSTL wrote:Congrats MCG...I'll send you a potted plant.
I read that as pot plant at first and was pretty sure you shouldn't be putting that out there publicly.

Reading comprehension is hard.
Nothing I said rules that out as a possibility.

G. Keenan
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

Post by G. Keenan »

CardsofSTL wrote:
tlombard wrote:
I read that as pot plant at first and was pretty sure you shouldn't be putting that out there publicly.

Well as long as you're sending out pot plants, I also happen to have recently purchased a home. Just sayin' . . .

stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Post by stlouie_lipp »

The market really is hot right now. I don't necessarily want/need to move, but I am contemplating listing my townhouse just to take advantage of it. I bought it in 2008 and think I could sell it for what I bought it for. I'd take that.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

CardsofSTL wrote:
tlombard wrote:

This makes me laugh because a co-worker nearly had some trouble after his sister tried sending him pot in the mail (unsolicited).

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

MrCrowesGarden wrote:
CardsofSTL wrote:
tlombard wrote:

This makes me laugh because a co-worker nearly had some trouble after his sister tried sending him pot in the mail (unsolicited).
I do know a guy in Denver..........

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

stlouie_lipp wrote:The market really is hot right now. I don't necessarily want/need to move, but I am contemplating listing my townhouse just to take advantage of it. I bought it in 2008 and think I could sell it for what I bought it for. I'd take that.
Where you gonna sleep?

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

stlouie_lipp wrote:The market really is hot right now. I don't necessarily want/need to move, but I am contemplating listing my townhouse just to take advantage of it. I bought it in 2008 and think I could sell it for what I bought it for. I'd take that.
My parents are doing some similar speculation. Their house is finally back to what they bought it for before the crash and they're at a point in their life where they want to downsize, so they're going to sell, rent, and see what happens with the market in the next few years before they buy the house they'll retire in.

Famous Mortimer
Perennial All-Star

Post by Famous Mortimer »

My offer was accepted, the mortgage is progressing smoothly, the inspection went okay, and now I'm just waiting for the signing of the contracts and all that, which should hopefully be in about 10 days. Then, I'll be a homeowner too, and you can all pop round for a housewarming.

haltz
Hall Of Famer

Post by haltz »

MrCrowesGarden wrote:I’m officially a homeowner.
Congrats, and try and take it easy on the projects. I filled a dumpster with floors and ceilings and trim in February and I'm just now at the point where we can hopefully move in sometime soon.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

haltz wrote:
MrCrowesGarden wrote:I’m officially a homeowner.
Congrats, and try and take it easy on the projects. I filled a dumpster with floors and ceilings and trim in February and I'm just now at the point where we can hopefully move in sometime soon.

Will do. Fortunately the house is essentially move-in ready, although my wife has already gotten to work painting some accent walls. Outside of some fairly small stuff like replacing the mulch around the house with river rock, I don't see too many major DIY projects.