Random musings

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Re: Random musings

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

My friend told me the person in front of him at the fireworks stand spent something like $200 on fireworks. I'm sure there's others who easily spend 2-3 times that. What's the benefit?

Along these lines, people who record videos of fireworks shows on their cell phones. I can at least understand how you'd enjoy watching them in the moment, when are you ever going to watch that again?

cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardinalkarp »

MrCrowesGarden wrote:My friend told me the person in front of him at the fireworks stand spent something like $200 on fireworks. I'm sure there's others who easily spend 2-3 times that. What's the benefit?

Along these lines, people who record videos of fireworks shows on their cell phones. I can at least understand how you'd enjoy watching them in the moment, when are you ever going to watch that again?
Who doesn't want the memory of getting their hand blown off?

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

Fire crackers rule. What's wrong with you guys?

Diddy
Perennial All-Star

Post by Diddy »

So none of you guys had bottle rocket wars or shot Roman candles at each other growing up?

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

Diddy wrote:So none of you guys had bottle rocket wars or shot Roman candles at each other growing up?
If you saw how much [expletive] got burned up in STL (and elsewhere i assume) then you might understand why people get frustrated with fireworks.

cardsfansince82
is shooing asian children away from his fridge.

Post by cardsfansince82 »

Buying a gross of bottle rockets for $2 when you’re 14 years old is fine. Spending $1000 as a full on adult to shoot off high powered fireworks on your tiny plot of land surrounded by thousands of other people is lame as [expletive].

Diddy
Perennial All-Star

Post by Diddy »

lukethedrifter wrote:
Diddy wrote:So none of you guys had bottle rocket wars or shot Roman candles at each other growing up?
If you saw how much [expletive] got burned up in STL (and elsewhere i assume) then you might understand why people get frustrated with fireworks.
I just assume it’s a lack of patriotism and no desire for America to be great :wink:

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

Talk of permanent ban of firework sales in Colo. Meanwhile two yahoos start a wildfire near Basalt CO. shooting tracer rounds.

haltz
Hall Of Famer

Post by haltz »

Just got home and by the sound of it we're still under attack tonight.

IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Post by IMADreamer »

Another girls weekend at the dreamer house. They asked if I would do a brisket for tomorrow. So you might say four hot girls like my meat.