Bud Norris: Clubhouse Narc

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
Socnorb11
The Last Word

Re: Bud Norris: Clubhouse Narc

Post by Socnorb11 »

I'd feel better if it was a guy like Waino or Molina.

Bud Norris has done a nice job for the Cardinals, but he doesn't have the stature on this particular team to assume veteran leadership, in my opinion.

wart57
just can't quit you.

Post by wart57 »

I had a boss who called me Moron Boy every day for the first 4 months I worked for him. It WAS because he was invested in my future. I wouldn't have achieved what I have if he wasn't so hard on me. But, he was white and so am I, so it wasn't racism, it was just because he was a former drill sergeant and a bit of an ass hole.

It worked for me because I am the type that likes to prove people wrong.

I can't say if Norris is racist or not - I have only seen the one very bad and stupid quote from him. If he is, Matheny is even worse than I thought allowing him to harass Hicks that way.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

Hicks Norris thing is another indicator of Matheny lack of a managerial skills, if than anything.

JuanP
AA Minor League Player

Post by JuanP »

Big Amoco Sign wrote:Hating Matheny and defending Hicks from a racist redneck who is hazing him is now considered "bad" here.

Thought this was the non-Cards Talk sanctuary forum.
Be careful not to get your cape caught in a revolving door.

Tim
Consider him admonished

Post by Tim »

What in the actual F is going on in this clubhouse!?!?!? Is there any wonder nobody wants to sign in stl? A total regime overhaul isn’t out of the question IMO.

JuanP
AA Minor League Player

Post by JuanP »

Either way this is yet another example of how f'ing toxic Matheny's clubhouse culture has gotten. This nonsense about Norris's "racism" screams moral panic, but at the end of the day this whole mess needs to be flushed down the toilet, asap.

Dewitt is the one with his head in the sand.

Socnorb11
The Last Word

Post by Socnorb11 »

Freed Roger wrote:Hicks Norris thing is another indicator of Matheny lack of a managerial skills, if than anything.

Just add it to this list:

wart57
just can't quit you.

Post by wart57 »

I think the days are numbered for MM.

I hope so anyway.

Famous Mortimer
Perennial All-Star

Post by Famous Mortimer »

wart57 wrote:I had a boss who called me Moron Boy every day for the first 4 months I worked for him. It WAS because he was invested in my future. I wouldn't have achieved what I have if he wasn't so hard on me. But, he was white and so am I, so it wasn't racism, it was just because he was a former drill sergeant and a bit of an ass hole.

I can't say if Norris is racist or not - I have only seen the one very bad and stupid quote from him. If he is, Matheny is even worse than I thought allowing him to harass Hicks that way.
Weirdly, I've never needed anyone to call me Moron Boy to provide me with motivation. The reason we're mentioning race in this is because Norris is a racist and has a history of racist comments, and Hicks is young and black. If what was described in the article is in any way true, then the team ought to be a little ashamed of itself.

wart57
just can't quit you.

Post by wart57 »

Famous Mortimer wrote:
wart57 wrote:I had a boss who called me Moron Boy every day for the first 4 months I worked for him. It WAS because he was invested in my future. I wouldn't have achieved what I have if he wasn't so hard on me. But, he was white and so am I, so it wasn't racism, it was just because he was a former drill sergeant and a bit of an ass hole.

Weirdly, I've never needed anyone to call me Moron Boy to provide me with motivation. The reason we're mentioning race in this is because Norris is a racist and has a history of racist comments, and Hicks is young and black. If what was described in the article is in any way true, then the team ought to be a little ashamed of itself.
Is Norris really? I have only seen that one - notably horrible - quote from him.

I didn't need him to call me Moron Boy to motivate me either, but I also didn't take it too personally either. I had kids in school tell me to go kill myself because it would make everyone's lives better, being called Moron Boy is nothing compared to that.