rant: fine dining

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
Diddy
Perennial All-Star

Re: rant: fine dining

Post by Diddy »

Diddy wrote:We got invited to NOLA for thanksgiving dinner at some place called Commanders Palace anyone ever ate there?
Well this trip now seems to be in jeopardy. My wife has had the week of thanksgiving marked off since January when they could mark them off. Monday her boss comes in and tells her that she’s decided that they are going skiing that week and she has seniority so my wife has to work. Even took my wife’s name off the calendar and went and told her boss “there’s nothing in the calendar”. Her boss had already okd mrs diddy so she knew something was up. Grrrr

G. Keenan
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

Post by G. Keenan »

Diddy wrote:
Diddy wrote:We got invited to NOLA for thanksgiving dinner at some place called Commanders Palace anyone ever ate there?
Well this trip now seems to be in jeopardy. My wife has had the week of thanksgiving marked off since January when they could mark them off. Monday her boss comes in and tells her that she’s decided that they are going skiing that week and she has seniority so my wife has to work. Even took my wife’s name off the calendar and went and told her boss “there’s nothing in the calendar”. Her boss had already okd mrs diddy so she knew something was up. Grrrr
That is bogus.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

G. Keenan wrote:
Diddy wrote:
That is bogus.
That is NOT alright. Do we need to have a conversation with Mrs. Diddy's boss and boss' boss? I don't have to worry about that in my current position but every other one I've been in or around has only allowed for seniority to trump planning during one brief period at the beginning of the year and then it is first come first serve unless two people suddenly request the same day off on the same day in which case seniority does get the day.

Diddy
Perennial All-Star

Post by Diddy »

G. Keenan wrote:
Diddy wrote:
That is bogus.
The reason my wife has had it marked as off for so long is because she did the same thing last year at thanksgiving and Christmas. It wasn’t a big deal because we didn’t have plans last year it was just frustrating.

My wife’s boss has two people over her in the office but she’s been there the longest so she pretty much has always done what she’s wanted and no one has ever put her in check. She’s been there 30+ years and has 8 weeks of vacation. Plus she takes a lot of partial days off and says she’ll comp it later then never does. Plus they are through the state so they get all federal holidays. Before my wife came on full time she was the only one that could do a lot of the job so she couldn’t take off often and they allowed her to bank all her vacation days so no telling how many she has saved up. When my wife started she told her she had 8 months saved up and her plan was to get to 12 months then retire. Who knows it’s just a problem because she won’t ever mark it down because she wants to save her vacation days just use a comp day.

Diddy
Perennial All-Star

Post by Diddy »

tlombard wrote:
That is NOT alright. Do we need to have a conversation with Mrs. Diddy's boss and boss' boss? I don't have to worry about that in my current position but every other one I've been in or around has only allowed for seniority to trump planning during one brief period at the beginning of the year and then it is first come first serve unless two people suddenly request the same day off on the same day in which case seniority does get the day.
I’m not sure how other places do it but at places I’ve worked if multiple people wanted off time around a certain holiday on a reoccurring basis they would alternate years.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

Diddy wrote:
tlombard wrote:
I’m not sure how other places do it but at places I’ve worked if multiple people wanted off time around a certain holiday on a reoccurring basis they would alternate years.
Ours is seniority based BUT senior person doesn’t get to claim someone else’s already scheduled vacation. I call foul.

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

You want a lawyer who is not licensed in your home state? I'm angry.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

lukethedrifter wrote:
Diddy wrote:
tlombard wrote:
Ours is seniority based BUT senior person doesn’t get to claim someone else’s already scheduled vacation. I call foul.
That is more or less what I was trying to say.

For various reasons I have been unable to take certain times of the month or a quarter off because of my responsibilities and didn't have any backup. For example, there was a stretch where I couldn't take any part of the first full week of any month off when I was in supply chain. Then for awhile I couldn't take more than a day here and there during the first month of any quarter because of commissions. I haven't had to worry about another person in my group trumping me for vacation time in about 19 years now thankfully.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

the Wood Shack in Soulard makes some good sandwiches

Diddy
Perennial All-Star

Post by Diddy »

heyzeus wrote:You want a lawyer who is not licensed in your home state? I'm angry.
I already have one of those that’s heavly invested in me coming to NOLA so your services aren’t needed.

Right now they are going to try to find someone prn to cover so hopefully it’ll work out. It’s just all bs. Women can’t wirk together in harmony.