2017-2018 Blues (Hockey) Season

A forum for non-baseball sports
MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Re: 2017-2018 Blues (Hockey) Season

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:Hope it's a good series. The good news is, either Reaves or Oshie will win a championship. I don't know if I could stomach Vegas winning in their first year though.
Reaves and Perron vs Oshie and Eller.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

Eller wasn't a blue long enough for me to care but I guess I am happy either way. I don't care about the expansion team winning aspect. I'll be rooting for Reaves and Perron but still be happy for Oshie if they win even though he's been out of my mind for awhile. The loss of Reaves and Perron is much fresher in my mind. Plus we still have Oshie in the Olympics while he was with the Blues to remember and celebrate so for me, that's the big moment I'll always remember for TJ.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

tlombard wrote:Eller wasn't a blue long enough for me to care but I guess I am happy either way. I don't care about the expansion team winning aspect. I'll be rooting for Reaves and Perron but still be happy for Oshie if they win even though he's been out of my mind for awhile. The loss of Reaves and Perron is much fresher in my mind. Plus we still have Oshie in the Olympics while he was with the Blues to remember and celebrate so for me, that's the big moment I'll always remember for TJ.
All former blues had pretty good series I’d say. Happy for oshie. And tbh for ovexhkin as well b

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:
tlombard wrote:Eller wasn't a blue long enough for me to care but I guess I am happy either way. I don't care about the expansion team winning aspect. I'll be rooting for Reaves and Perron but still be happy for Oshie if they win even though he's been out of my mind for awhile. The loss of Reaves and Perron is much fresher in my mind. Plus we still have Oshie in the Olympics while he was with the Blues to remember and celebrate so for me, that's the big moment I'll always remember for TJ.
All former blues had pretty good series I’d say. Happy for oshie. And tbh for ovexhkin as well b

Perron who sucks in the playoffs got a goal because a shot hit off his body while he was jockeying for position.

ghostrunner
Hall Of Famer

Post by ghostrunner »

Was googling a candidate named Marchand, and discovered there's an NHL player by the same name who was admonished for licking people. I thought OK that's a weird hockey term I've never heard before. So I google it and - no. Its just licking. Other players. On the face.

cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardinalkarp »

ghostrunner wrote:Was googling a candidate named Marchand, and discovered there's an NHL player by the same name who was admonished for licking people. I thought OK that's a weird hockey term I've never heard before. So I google it and - no. Its just licking. Other players. On the face.
Yeah, he was doing that during last years playoffs. Great player, complete d-bag.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

According to Pronman at The Athletic (whoever that is), the Blues have 3 of the top 21 prospects (not incl goalies), 4 of the top 40 and 5 in the top 100. Seems pretty good. Rates Husso as #6 goalie- a legit NHL prospect.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

I'm ready for hockey with how the Cards are playing recently.

jkline
Veteran Player

Post by jkline »

I can't wait for this season, really excited to see these kids play. Fabbri Thomas Kyrou as a third line would be fun to watch, hope it happens.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

With the first preseason game happening tonight, isn't it about time to start a 2018-2019 thread for the Blues?