Hurrican Florence

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
Jocephus
99% conan clips

Re: Hurrican Florence

Post by Jocephus »

ha wow. i click that and instantly it shows american flag in tatters blowing in the wind

stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Post by stlouie_lipp »

Jocephus wrote:ha wow. i click that and instantly it shows american flag in tatters blowing in the wind
More of it was in tact a few hours ago and the waves have been growing. Pretty crazy.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

Jocephus wrote:ha wow. i click that and instantly it shows american flag in tatters blowing in the wind
That ticks me off when I consider the fact that I know people who would have no problem watching that video but will get all worked up about somebody kneeling and 'disrespecting the flag' at the mention of the NFL. Meanwhile, letting the flag get ripped apart in a hurricane is absolutely disrespecting the flag.

I am not actually mad at whoever left it there because I don't blame them for being more concerned with getting off of that platform while they could. I completely understand that. I wouldn't be thinking about the flag because I would be too concerned with making sure I don't die out there. My anger comes from the fact that I can just picture certain family and family friends seeing that video and being in awe of the power of the storm (they'd say it was another term for a rooster) as it tears the flag apart and have no problem with it. But if you kneel during the anthem... you know the rest.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

stlouie_lipp wrote:
This is mesmerizing.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3

Wait, how did the new flag get on there? Looks pretty damn beautiful now.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:Wait, how did the new flag get on there? Looks pretty damn beautiful now.
looks amazing...is this past the storm now?

AWvsCBsteeeerike3

Jocephus wrote:
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:Wait, how did the new flag get on there? Looks pretty damn beautiful now.
looks amazing...is this past the storm now?
I'm so confused. Because, in the description, it says that station is 34 miles off the cape fear coast (there to warn ships of shallow water). Yet, the storm hit it pretty early and now it looks like a regular (gorgeous) morning with some cloud cover. Looking at radar, there's still a hurricane over this area. Maybe it's a tropical storm at this point, but whatever. No rain, no wind. Just calm beautiful conditions.

I am confuse

Also, I guess that station is manned because obviously the flag was replaced. Crazy. Can you imagine being stationed on that thing? that's a lot of faith in the structure!

AWvsCBsteeeerike3

Wait, that's east too. And, the suns in the wrong position. No way that thing is live. LIARS!!!!

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:Wait, that's east too. And, the suns in the wrong position. No way that thing is live. LIARS!!!!

sighyoung
Mayor of GRB

Post by sighyoung »