Fowler broke his foot

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
cardsfantx
Hall Of Famer

Re: Fowler broke his foot

Post by cardsfantx »

seems to be just some random tv host with 3,000 followers putting her opinions out there.

never seen anything related to fowler and mental health. just looked...nothing on it.

of course everyone would be sympathetic (i would hope); similar to votto and his depression/anxiety issues.

but there's nothing to it in regards to fowler...just some random person throwing out her suggestion it seems.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

cardsfantx wrote:seems to be just some random tv host with 3,000 followers putting her opinions out there.

never seen anything related to fowler and mental health. just looked...nothing on it.

of course everyone would be sympathetic (i would hope); similar to votto and his depression/anxiety issues.

but there's nothing to it in regards to fowler...just some random person throwing out her suggestion it seems.
I think the most likely thing with him supposedly citing 'mental health' isn't depression or anything like that but probably just not being in the best spot mentally with regards to things in the clubhouse towards the end of Matheny's tenure.

cardsfantx
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardsfantx »

tlombard wrote:
cardsfantx wrote:seems to be just some random tv host with 3,000 followers putting her opinions out there.

I think the most likely thing with him supposedly citing 'mental health' isn't depression or anything like that but probably just not being in the best spot mentally with regards to things in the clubhouse towards the end of Matheny's tenure.
I would tend to agree....but he's never said anything.

nothing about mental health, or anything for that matter on his 2018 season.

this tv host on twitter just decided to randomly throw out there that fowler was citing mental probs that contributed to his awful season...but the problem is, fowler has never said anything (at least that I could find)

it's just bizarre of this person to throw that out there...

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

maybe she just randomly threw it out there because today is #worldmentalhealthday??

TimChopsula
Veteran Player

Post by TimChopsula »

From Goold’s chat a day or two ago:
“I expected to hear something like that from Fowler, and didn't. He was rather pointed -- and it was from there that he began to explain how "mental health" — not a physical issue — held him back.”