Al Hrabosky out as analyst?

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Re: Al Hrabosky out as analyst?

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

Edmonds is awful. Thompson is awful.

Ricky is the only good one Dan gets but he's boring. Dan deserves a full time play by play guy. Get Waino up there with him.

Sutter'sBeard
is the oscar meyer weiner kid

Post by Sutter'sBeard »

CardsofSTL wrote:
Sutter'sBeard wrote:Dan would be fine if he added a few more adjectives to his broadcast. "Amazing" seems to be the only one he knows.
Ricky has came a long, long way. I thought he was beyond terrible at first but now is a good listen and I would consider him
good as an analyst and pretty OK at play by play.

Jimmy is good when he's interested in being there. Mccarver is a baseball curmudgeon with nothing left in the tank.
Danny Mac's go to adjective is "nasty"
He uses "ironic" wrong all the time too. I hope he reads this because it's nails on a chalkboard to me.

I think he should listen to a Doc Emrick broadcast just once and steal a few.

Swirls
gone fission

Post by Swirls »

Big Amoco Sign wrote:Edmonds is awful. Thompson is awful.

Ricky is the only good one Dan gets but he's boring. Dan deserves a full time play by play guy. Get Waino up there with him.
See, I think Dan is awful and rather appreciate Edmonds and Thompson.

JoeMcKim
Perennial All-Star

Post by JoeMcKim »

I don't think you have to worry about any of the Cardinals commentators every being swooped up by a national broadcast partner like ESPN, Fox Sports 1, TBS or anything like that. They're all pretty much guys who max out at being local announcers.

Spider John
Hall Of Famer

Post by Spider John »

JoeMcKim wrote:I don't think you have to worry about any of the Cardinals commentators every being swooped up by a national broadcast partner like ESPN, Fox Sports 1, TBS or anything like that. They're all pretty much guys who max out at being local announcers.

I believe Al has done some national broadcast work, many years ago. I'm sure that Shannon did.

sighyoung
Mayor of GRB

Post by sighyoung »

Spider John wrote:
JoeMcKim wrote:I don't think you have to worry about any of the Cardinals commentators every being swooped up by a national broadcast partner like ESPN, Fox Sports 1, TBS or anything like that. They're all pretty much guys who max out at being local announcers.

I believe Al has done some national broadcast work, many years ago. I'm sure that Shannon did.
I remember Shannon himself commenting during a national interview a few years back that, as his career played out, that he found himself to be a broadcaster who was valued for local broadcasts but that he didn't tend to be recruited for national broadcasts, and he was fine with it. I just can't locate the interview.

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

Spider John wrote:

put shannon in the booth with dan...uhh hee hee hee