First world problems

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Re: First world problems

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

YouTube is almost unusable with ads these days. Also the new Gmail is pretty much just like the old Gmail only WAY slower (if it loads at all).

Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

BottenFieldofDreams wrote:YouTube is almost unusable with ads these days. Also the new Gmail is pretty much just like the old Gmail only WAY slower (if it loads at all).
Agree on YouTube.

Gmail is slower because they have so much more parsing of your data to do and have to then send it in real time to their clients. So that they can adjust their ads to the second.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

Freed Roger wrote:$8 for some acceptable wifi on a plane. not bad at all. only to see lame content here. Step up your game GRB!
8 bucks for same ole Kaepernick. Hear I sit all broken hearted, paid 8 bucks and ...and I cant think of a word that rhymes with Broncos.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

on Friday night and Saturday morning my phone was plugged in but still slowly losing battery the entire time if I had the hotspot on which is how I stream my YouTube TV to my TV at home. I wasn't able to watch TV for a few hours while the phone charged. Thankfully the issue was just the cable and once I found my backup cable and plugged the phone into that one, it started charging properly again.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

I clearly need to buy a new cellphone. My battery life has been getting worse and worse on my Pixel. Today when I unplugged it from the charger at 7:23am I immediately got a warning that based on my current usage, my phone would be dead at 10:30am. I had literally unplugged it two seconds before and it was at 100% charge. I was away from my desk for 10 minutes earlier and lost 4% of my battery from a full charge without even turning on the screen. It is pretty much toast.

Suggestions on cheap(er) replacements? The Nokia 6.1 seems to be pretty promising from what I've read about so far.

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

I might do some cell phone shopping at well. The USB connector on my phone got a bit mangled so the charging is spotty right now and I'm worried it'll get worse. I plan to shop for a new phone on black friday for deals. I'm mostly eyeing mid-tier Motorola phones with vanilla Android.

Arthur Dent
Hall Of Famer

Post by Arthur Dent »

Michael wrote:I might do some cell phone shopping at well. The USB connector on my phone got a bit mangled so the charging is spotty right now and I'm worried it'll get worse. I plan to shop for a new phone on black friday for deals. I'm mostly eyeing mid-tier Motorola phones with vanilla Android.
Not sure if it applies in your case, but I find the connection gets spotty when the port develops a layer of pocket lint inside that prevents the USB cable from fully seating. Fish it out with a sewing needle and problem solved.

cardsfansince82
is shooing asian children away from his fridge.

Post by cardsfansince82 »

Yeah, I pulled a whole bunch of lint out of mine with a toothpick to fix charging issues.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

cardsfansince82 wrote:Yeah, I pulled a whole bunch of lint out of mine with a toothpick to fix charging issues.
I recommend burning it out.

Fat_Bulldog
likes to grate his own cheese

Post by Fat_Bulldog »

lukethedrifter wrote:
cardsfansince82 wrote:Yeah, I pulled a whole bunch of lint out of mine with a toothpick to fix charging issues.
I recommend burning it out.
Solid advice.