First world problems

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Re: First world problems

Post by lukethedrifter »

cardsfantx wrote:people die at hospitals all the time...just take one off a dead person; they're not using it anymore
Surely they have a bin of stuff people “don’t need” any more.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

lukethedrifter wrote:
cardsfantx wrote:people die at hospitals all the time...just take one off a dead person; they're not using it anymore
I've heard that hotels are GREAT for that because people leave chargers there all the time. I've never tried it but a friend who works in sales at a hotel told me years ago that if you just go up to the front desk and tell them you left a charger in your room the other day, they'll just whip out a big box of them and let you grab whichever one you think is 'yours' and be on your way with a free charger.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

tlombard wrote:
lukethedrifter wrote:
I've heard that hotels are GREAT for that because people leave chargers there all the time. I've never tried it but a friend who works in sales at a hotel told me years ago that if you just go up to the front desk and tell them you left a charger in your room the other day, they'll just whip out a big box of them and let you grab whichever one you think is 'yours' and be on your way with a free charger.
brb going to 47 hotels.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

Pretty accurate referring to the First World of First World problems right at the beginning of this bit. As soon as I read what he did with the caviar first, I had to post this here.

https://thetakeout.com/drew-magary-ruin ... 1829836282

redbirdjazzz
Perennial All-Star

Post by redbirdjazzz »

tlombard wrote:Pretty accurate referring to the First World of First World problems right at the beginning of this bit. As soon as I read what he did with the caviar first, I had to post this here.

https://thetakeout.com/drew-magary-ruin ... 1829836282
I really like his novel The Hike.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

I keep hoping that his books will become available on Kindle Unlimited but they never do. I guess I'll have to just suck it up and pay for them at some point. I just can't stomach paying $10 (or close to it) for an ebook when I already pay $10/month for Kindle Unlimited and get to read four or five books a month at least. I'm sure I can find them cheaper somewhere else but that's what the price just said on Amazon when I looked him up.

IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Post by IMADreamer »

The air conditioning went out on the combine today. It was almost an hour before the service guy could get there to fix it.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

I finally gave in and bought a new phone last night. Over the weekend the Pixel decided that it didn't want to actually make or receive calls properly and then the pieces of plastic/glass started falling off of the back and exposing the internals of the phone in places.

I went with the Nokia 6.1 and so far I'm really happy with it. I think it looks great, it's plenty fast enough for me so far and it has everything I decided is a must have. It ships with Android 8.0 but as I was setting it up, it downloaded 9.0 so it is already on the latest version which is very nice.

Swirls
gone fission

Post by Swirls »

Nokia is still in business?

Popeye_Card
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster

Post by Popeye_Card »

Swirls wrote:Nokia is still in business?
No, Kia is still in business.