GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently September 23 19, 3:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Saudi Arabia
PostPosted: November 20 18, 2:23 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Famer
User avatar

Joined: July 15 08, 8:24 pm
Posts: 19778
Location: Low A Minors
Quote:
The world is a very dangerous place!




Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Saudi Arabia
PostPosted: November 20 18, 2:57 pm 
Offline
Sucking on the Rally Nipple
User avatar

Joined: April 16 06, 6:03 pm
Posts: 21514
Location: Chicago
pioneer98 wrote:
Quote:
Iran is considered “the world’s leading sponsor of terror.”

On the other hand, Saudi Arabia...


Just wow


For real. Iran is not our friend, everybody gets that, but Saudi Arabia is absolutely the leading exporter of militant Islam around the globe. Since 9/11 we have spent 6 trillion dollars and killed over half a million people in the never ending war on terror, for what? So that these barbarians, who produced the 9/11 hijackers in the first place, can murder and dismember a Washington Post journalist if front of the eyes of the world and the American President can publicly grovel before them and sell out our values so that Boeing's stock can go up a quarter of a percent? Absolutely pathetic and traitorous. This man has no morals of any kind. He will sell out this country to any tinpot despot who flashes a smile at him. Of course he loves the Saudis. They are despicable despots, crooks, and frauds who worship money.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Saudi Arabia
PostPosted: November 20 18, 3:08 pm 
Offline
99% conan clips
User avatar

Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm
Posts: 55298
our president/gov't is the equivalent of the ascii shrug



Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Saudi Arabia
PostPosted: November 20 18, 4:37 pm 
Offline
There's someone in my head but it's not me
User avatar

Joined: April 18 06, 5:08 pm
Posts: 43897
Location: Clowns to the left of me. Jokers to the right. Here I am.


Very long but fascinating thread (40 tweets) with a follow-up 10-tweet thread.

This is what I suspect the Mueller report will sound like.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Saudi Arabia
PostPosted: November 20 18, 5:19 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Famer
User avatar

Joined: October 12 06, 2:21 pm
Posts: 16908
Location: Baseball Ref Bullpen
Look at all those exclamation points!! I want to see the unedited version with ALL-CAPS.

AOC is right - what you get from the GOP and this administration are grandpa emails.

G. Keenan wrote:
This is an actual release from the White House. Remarkable how simpleminded this man is, and how completely stupid our foreign policy is as a result. Iran, North Korea, Russia et al are running circles around us with this moron in charge.

Statement from President Donald J. Trump on Standing with Saudi Arabia

Quote:
America First!

The world is a very dangerous place!

The country of Iran, as an example, is responsible for a bloody proxy war against Saudi Arabia in Yemen, trying to destabilize Iraq’s fragile attempt at democracy, supporting the terror group Hezbollah in Lebanon, propping up dictator Bashar Assad in Syria (who has killed millions of his own citizens), and much more. Likewise, the Iranians have killed many Americans and other innocent people throughout the Middle East. Iran states openly, and with great force, “Death to America!” and “Death to Israel!” Iran is considered “the world’s leading sponsor of terror.”

On the other hand, Saudi Arabia would gladly withdraw from Yemen if the Iranians would agree to leave. They would immediately provide desperately needed humanitarian assistance. Additionally, Saudi Arabia has agreed to spend billions of dollars in leading the fight against Radical Islamic Terrorism.

After my heavily negotiated trip to Saudi Arabia last year, the Kingdom agreed to spend and invest $450 billion in the United States. This is a record amount of money. It will create hundreds of thousands of jobs, tremendous economic development, and much additional wealth for the United States. Of the $450 billion, $110 billion will be spent on the purchase of military equipment from Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Raytheon and many other great U.S. defense contractors. If we foolishly cancel these contracts, Russia and China would be the enormous beneficiaries – and very happy to acquire all of this newfound business. It would be a wonderful gift to them directly from the United States!

The crime against Jamal Khashoggi was a terrible one, and one that our country does not condone. Indeed, we have taken strong action against those already known to have participated in the murder. After great independent research, we now know many details of this horrible crime. We have already sanctioned 17 Saudis known to have been involved in the murder of Mr. Khashoggi, and the disposal of his body.

Representatives of Saudi Arabia say that Jamal Khashoggi was an “enemy of the state” and a member of the Muslim Brotherhood, but my decision is in no way based on that – this is an unacceptable and horrible crime. King Salman and Crown Prince Mohammad bin Salman vigorously deny any knowledge of the planning or execution of the murder of Mr. Khashoggi. Our intelligence agencies continue to assess all information, but it could very well be that the Crown Prince had knowledge of this tragic event – maybe he did and maybe he didn’t!

That being said, we may never know all of the facts surrounding the murder of Mr. Jamal Khashoggi. In any case, our relationship is with the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. They have been a great ally in our very important fight against Iran. The United States intends to remain a steadfast partner of Saudi Arabia to ensure the interests of our country, Israel and all other partners in the region. It is our paramount goal to fully eliminate the threat of terrorism throughout the world!

I understand there are members of Congress who, for political or other reasons, would like to go in a different direction – and they are free to do so. I will consider whatever ideas are presented to me, but only if they are consistent with the absolute security and safety of America. After the United States, Saudi Arabia is the largest oil producing nation in the world. They have worked closely with us and have been very responsive to my requests to keeping oil prices at reasonable levels – so important for the world. As President of the United States I intend to ensure that, in a very dangerous world, America is pursuing its national interests and vigorously contesting countries that wish to do us harm.

Very simply it is called America First!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Saudi Arabia
PostPosted: November 21 18, 4:54 am 
Offline
Hall Of Famer
User avatar

Joined: July 15 08, 8:24 pm
Posts: 19778
Location: Low A Minors
A Saudi prince helped save Trump from bankruptcy—twice
Quote:
In 1991, Donald J. Trump was a mid-tier real estate developer with $900 million in debt, a collapsing casino business, and a name perhaps best known for a headline-dominating split with his wife Ivana. With his empire at risk of falling apart, Trump was searching for cash everywhere; his father even illegally bought $3.35 million worth of casino chips and never gambled them, to help Trump make a massive bond payment a year earlier.

A helpful burst of cash from a Saudi prince eased some tension with his creditors. Alwaleed bin Talal bought Trump’s yacht for somewhere between $18 million and $20 million (reports vary). It wasn’t a great bit of business for Trump—he had bought it from the Sultan of Brunei three years earlier for a reported $29 million.

In 1995, Trump was still in deep trouble—and Alwaleed swooped in again. The prince, who calls himself the “Warren Buffett of Saudi Arabia,” took over Trump’s 51% stake in his beloved New York Plaza hotel. As a result, Trump’s creditors forgave $125 million of his debt.

Alwaleed, who was one of several royals to be detained by Crown Prince Mohammad bin Salman in 2017, is deemed the world’s 74th richest man by Bloomberg, and owns stakes in companies like Apple, Snapchat, Twitter and Citigroup.

As late as 2015, Trump was still happy to boast about his connections with Saudi Arabia. Speaking at a rally in Alabama, he bragged: “Saudi Arabia, I get along with all of them. They buy apartments from me. They spend $40 million, $50 million. Am I supposed to dislike them? I like them very much.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Saudi Arabia
PostPosted: November 21 18, 11:50 am 
Offline
Replies Authoritatively
User avatar

Joined: April 7 13, 9:45 am
Posts: 7465
Location: Chicago, IL
G. Keenan wrote:
pioneer98 wrote:
Quote:
Iran is considered “the world’s leading sponsor of terror.”

On the other hand, Saudi Arabia...


Just wow


For real. Iran is not our friend, everybody gets that, but Saudi Arabia is absolutely the leading exporter of militant Islam around the globe. Since 9/11 we have spent 6 trillion dollars and killed over half a million people in the never ending war on terror, for what? So that these barbarians, who produced the 9/11 hijackers in the first place, can murder and dismember a Washington Post journalist if front of the eyes of the world and the American President can publicly grovel before them and sell out our values so that Boeing's stock can go up a quarter of a percent? Absolutely pathetic and traitorous. This man has no morals of any kind. He will sell out this country to any tinpot despot who flashes a smile at him. Of course he loves the Saudis. They are despicable despots, crooks, and frauds who worship money.


Not just Boeing stock. The Saudi's bought the 45th floor of Trump Tower in 2001, and pay like 100k/month for 'building amenities.' Some prince or another paid like $20MM for Trump's yacht when Trump was in financial trouble years ago. Groups lobbying on behalf of the Saudis spent over a quarter million in Trump's Manhattan hotel this year. Per the Post, a five-day stay by those Saudis was responsible for a 13% bump in quarterly revenue at the hotel after 2 years of declining revenue. Dating back some 30 years Trump has repeatedly profited off the Saudis. He's just too stupid to understand that much like the Russians who are deeply invested in him, they're out to play him.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Saudi Arabia
PostPosted: November 21 18, 12:34 pm 
Offline
Sucking on the Rally Nipple
User avatar

Joined: April 16 06, 6:03 pm
Posts: 21514
Location: Chicago
33anda3rd wrote:
G. Keenan wrote:
pioneer98 wrote:
Quote:
Iran is considered “the world’s leading sponsor of terror.”

On the other hand, Saudi Arabia...


Just wow


For real. Iran is not our friend, everybody gets that, but Saudi Arabia is absolutely the leading exporter of militant Islam around the globe. Since 9/11 we have spent 6 trillion dollars and killed over half a million people in the never ending war on terror, for what? So that these barbarians, who produced the 9/11 hijackers in the first place, can murder and dismember a Washington Post journalist if front of the eyes of the world and the American President can publicly grovel before them and sell out our values so that Boeing's stock can go up a quarter of a percent? Absolutely pathetic and traitorous. This man has no morals of any kind. He will sell out this country to any tinpot despot who flashes a smile at him. Of course he loves the Saudis. They are despicable despots, crooks, and frauds who worship money.


Not just Boeing stock. The Saudi's bought the 45th floor of Trump Tower in 2001, and pay like 100k/month for 'building amenities.' Some prince or another paid like $20MM for Trump's yacht when Trump was in financial trouble years ago. Groups lobbying on behalf of the Saudis spent over a quarter million in Trump's Manhattan hotel this year. Per the Post, a five-day stay by those Saudis was responsible for a 13% bump in quarterly revenue at the hotel after 2 years of declining revenue. Dating back some 30 years Trump has repeatedly profited off the Saudis. He's just too stupid to understand that much like the Russians who are deeply invested in him, they're out to play him.


We should also mention that the $450 billion Trump keeps throwing out is not a real number, nor are the jobs numbers he mentions, and all he has from the Saudi's is a commitment to maybe order that much military stuff in the future. So it's meaningless. The dude literally trusts the word of brutal dictators over the assessments of our own intelligence professionals.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Saudi Arabia
PostPosted: November 21 18, 12:42 pm 
Offline
Replies Authoritatively
User avatar

Joined: April 7 13, 9:45 am
Posts: 7465
Location: Chicago, IL
G. Keenan wrote:
33anda3rd wrote:
G. Keenan wrote:
pioneer98 wrote:
Quote:
Iran is considered “the world’s leading sponsor of terror.”

On the other hand, Saudi Arabia...


Just wow


For real. Iran is not our friend, everybody gets that, but Saudi Arabia is absolutely the leading exporter of militant Islam around the globe. Since 9/11 we have spent 6 trillion dollars and killed over half a million people in the never ending war on terror, for what? So that these barbarians, who produced the 9/11 hijackers in the first place, can murder and dismember a Washington Post journalist if front of the eyes of the world and the American President can publicly grovel before them and sell out our values so that Boeing's stock can go up a quarter of a percent? Absolutely pathetic and traitorous. This man has no morals of any kind. He will sell out this country to any tinpot despot who flashes a smile at him. Of course he loves the Saudis. They are despicable despots, crooks, and frauds who worship money.


Not just Boeing stock. The Saudi's bought the 45th floor of Trump Tower in 2001, and pay like 100k/month for 'building amenities.' Some prince or another paid like $20MM for Trump's yacht when Trump was in financial trouble years ago. Groups lobbying on behalf of the Saudis spent over a quarter million in Trump's Manhattan hotel this year. Per the Post, a five-day stay by those Saudis was responsible for a 13% bump in quarterly revenue at the hotel after 2 years of declining revenue. Dating back some 30 years Trump has repeatedly profited off the Saudis. He's just too stupid to understand that much like the Russians who are deeply invested in him, they're out to play him.


We should also mention that the $450 billion Trump keeps throwing out is not a real number, nor are the jobs numbers he mentions, and all he has from the Saudi's is a commitment to maybe order that much military stuff in the future. So it's meaningless. The dude literally trusts the word of brutal dictators over the assessments of our own intelligence professionals.


And the people who support him trust him over intelligence professionals and the objective work of the news media. It's a vicious circle of empowerment. The GOP empowers Trump, Trump empowers the Saudis, the Saudis support terrorism that frightens the GOP, who then support Trump, who then empowers the Saudis......

It's almost like there's a link in there that could be broken. Hmmmmmm. Where is it?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Saudi Arabia
PostPosted: November 21 18, 1:21 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Famer
User avatar

Joined: July 15 08, 8:24 pm
Posts: 19778
Location: Low A Minors
Radbird wrote:


Very long but fascinating thread (40 tweets) with a follow-up 10-tweet thread.

This is what I suspect the Mueller report will sound like.



This is wild.

Quote:
30/ If this BREAKING NEWS is accurate, the Trumps *actively* participated in the Saudi-Emirati-Israeli assassination scheme—which, remember, per the links in this thread, both Nader and Zamel were part of—in order to get financial benefits on the back end.

31/Simply put, under circumstances in which you know MBS is criminally responsible for the murder of a Washington Post journalist, you *can't* assist him in escaping detection by delivering to him a plan to do just that. That'd be Accessory After the Fact to First-Degree Murder.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group