likes to grate his own cheese

Re: 2018 - 2019 Blues (Hockey) Season

Post by Fat_Bulldog »

Saturday was dreadful.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

This is the earliest that I've ever even considered the fact that a Blues season might be over for all practical purposes.

Popeye_Card
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster

Post by Popeye_Card »

I'm not going to give up yet, because I still really like the talent on the roster and while being 2nd to last in the West is awful on the surface, they're only 7 points out of a playoff spot with a couple of games in hand vs. most teams.

Maybe this roster will struggle all season with gelling together. But damn, when they're humming on offense they are really fun to watch. Yet equally frustrating to watch when the defensive and neutral zone play has been so awful.

JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear

Post by JCShutout »

Ugh, the Red Wings are bad... and we lost to them.

cardsfantx
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardsfantx »

lol wtf?!
Wednesday’s NHL game at Little Caesars Arena featured Jake Allen in goal for the Blues and Jimmy Howard for the Detroit Red Wings.

Could they switch places before the season’s out?

According to the Insider Trading segment of Canadian sports network TSN, the Blues have “paid considerable attention” to Howard, 34, who was 7-6-3 with a 2.68 goals-against average and a .922 save percentage entering Wednesday’s contest.

According to TSN’s Darren Dreger, the Blues were represented at Little Caesars for Monday’s Red Wings game against Columbus and seemed to be paying a lot of attention to Howard. Dreger said it would take a lot for the Red Wings to part with Howard and mentioned Blues rookie Robert Thomas and Blues prospect Jordan Kyrou as possibilities.

That seems like a lot to ask considering Howard would be a rental — his contract expires after this season.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

Yeah that trade won't happen. They wouldn't part with Thomas or Kyrou for O'Reilly.

Gonna start trading other players soon I have to imagine.

GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass

Post by GeddyWrox »

Wait...was that...a...WIN??? Does not compute.

JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear

Post by JCShutout »

Only watched the recap but both goals against were deflections with a lot of screens, and the recap showed Allen making some pretty spectacular saves while the Avs had some crazy chances. Allen seems to have played better as of late, but I admit to missing games recently because they have just been terrible to watch/listen to. He has snuck his save% to .896, which isn't great, but it was hovering around .83 for the first 15 or so games iirc.

cardsfantx
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardsfantx »

JCShutout wrote:Only watched the recap but both goals against were deflections with a lot of screens, and the recap showed Allen making some pretty spectacular saves while the Avs had some crazy chances. Allen seems to have played better as of late, but I admit to missing games recently because they have just been terrible to watch/listen to. He has snuck his save% to .896, which isn't great, but it was hovering around .83 for the first 15 or so games iirc.
Allen has basically been better than I thought he’d be....not great obv; but he’s been ok.

If the defense played to the level (or close to) of years past, we’d have one of the best records IMO.

A huge majority of the goals scored this year are on the defense.

cardsfantx
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardsfantx »

Johnson on the other hand...goodness

Cut him already and bring a kid up