GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently September 23 19, 12:57 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3285 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 324, 325, 326, 327, 328, 329  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: October 26 18, 10:26 am 
Offline
99% conan clips
User avatar

Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm
Posts: 55298
amazon says my copy is arriving tomorrow which would be an awesome surprise.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: October 27 18, 2:45 pm 
Offline
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.
User avatar

Joined: December 6 10, 1:09 am
Posts: 11479
Location: Illinois
I got RDR2. It's freaking incredible. I only have the regular Xbox One but I can't imagine what it's like on the One X.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: October 30 18, 2:10 pm 
Offline
99% conan clips
User avatar

Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm
Posts: 55298
IMADreamer wrote:
I got RDR2. It's freaking incredible. I only have the regular Xbox One but I can't imagine what it's like on the One X.

yeah same, still looks good to me on regular xbox one. i'm technically still in chapter 2 but i've just been roaming around enjoying the sights, etc. since there are fewer opportunities to fast travel and you really do need to use your horse i've been utilizing the cinematic mode a lot. first, it's way better configured than in past Rockstar games as it actually works but its so amazingly cinematic (duh) and gorgeous. plus it allows me to go to the restroom, get a quick bite to eat while on "autopilot" then i'm ready to go when i get back to screen. i happened to notice that novembers xbox games with gold lineup is really solid and while i'll download them, i don't think i'm gonna be playing anything else for several months.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: October 30 18, 2:18 pm 
Offline
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster
User avatar

Joined: October 12 07, 12:28 pm
Posts: 25000
Location: Raptured
I want to get it, but Rockstar games always play so damn clunky for me I get frustrated.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: October 30 18, 8:07 pm 
Offline
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.
User avatar

Joined: December 6 10, 1:09 am
Posts: 11479
Location: Illinois
InvincibleCakeEater wrote:
I want to get it, but Rockstar games always play so damn clunky for me I get frustrated.



RDR2 still has that Rockstar clunky to it. It's better than GTA for sure but it's still a long way from perfect.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: October 31 18, 7:16 am 
Offline
99% conan clips
User avatar

Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm
Posts: 55298
IMADreamer wrote:
InvincibleCakeEater wrote:
I want to get it, but Rockstar games always play so damn clunky for me I get frustrated.



RDR2 still has that Rockstar clunky to it. It's better than GTA for sure but it's still a long way from perfect.

yeah, agreed. there are some control setups you can do to help but i definitely still get some funky movements. still though, man this game. i'm completely lollygagging around still in chapter 2 purposely not advancing hah. there's actually some treasure maps and hidden things for gold bars! that i've been doing, thus getting a lot of money. apparently there's a gold bar glitch where you can farm gold bars but i would never do that, *i* have morals. just getting the legit hidden ones around the map got me up around 6000, i've fully upgraded camp and gotten some upgraded items but still have like 3500 left, plus, i know there's heists and robbing in this so i'm sure i'll get plenty more. searching for those gold bars though got me to move around the map and man, it's just so beautiful.

this isn't a game story spoiler just a game experience spoiler but the below YT clip is from an unmarked, simple fetch quest. i had it happen to me hah. it's pretty scary when you have headphones on.
Spoiler: show


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: December 5 18, 3:40 pm 
Offline
tl;dr

Joined: May 21 09, 12:41 pm
Posts: 4562
I was killing some time last night near a Game Stop and picked up a used copy of NBA 2K18 for my Switch last night. Wow. I SUUUUUUUCK at that game. I've only played a couple of minutes so far (needed to charge the Switch) but I was down double digits right away and still haven't hit a single shot... once I even figured out how to shoot.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: February 2 19, 9:44 am 
Offline
99% conan clips
User avatar

Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm
Posts: 55298
after 3 months i officially 100%'ed red dead redemption 2 this morning. quite possibly the best story i've played thru in a game and the scenery is just amazing.

now i've installed hitman: bloody money, hah


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: February 2 19, 10:15 am 
Offline
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.
User avatar

Joined: December 6 10, 1:09 am
Posts: 11479
Location: Illinois
Jocephus wrote:
after 3 months i officially 100%'ed red dead redemption 2 this morning. quite possibly the best story i've played thru in a game and the scenery is just amazing.

now i've installed hitman: bloody money, hah



I'm on my second play through of RDR2. It's just so good. I took a night last weekend and just went hunting for legendary animals. There is just so much to that game it's amazing.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: February 2 19, 10:20 am 
Offline
99% conan clips
User avatar

Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm
Posts: 55298
IMADreamer wrote:
Jocephus wrote:
after 3 months i officially 100%'ed red dead redemption 2 this morning. quite possibly the best story i've played thru in a game and the scenery is just amazing.

now i've installed hitman: bloody money, hah



I'm on my second play through of RDR2. It's just so good. I took a night last weekend and just went hunting for legendary animals. There is just so much to that game it's amazing.

the legendary animals are great, so is fishing. this could be me being hippy dippy but i felt an aspect of animal conservation with the legendary animals. yes, i get to go on this exhilarating hunt but if i kill it no one else gets to see it. it almost seems selfish you know? also did you know if you complete all the hunter challenges you unlock the legendary panther? and that legendary gator is a beast!

the game says i put 12 days in hah.

fwiw/fyi - here's a link to a heat map of all the animals - https://imgur.com/a/QIX2uQQ

and rdr2map.com is great for finding things you may have missed (side missions, collectables, weapons, money, etc). its got an interactive legend you can select what you want to look for.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3285 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 324, 325, 326, 327, 328, 329  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group