webinars

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
Gashouse
Perennial All-Star

webinars

Post by Gashouse »

I tried to listen to what would have been an interesting work-related webinar while mutlitasking on other work busy-work. However, some numbskull was listening in on her phone but forgot to mute herself. When she wasn't talking to a friend about olives or about the webinar she clearly wasn't paying attention to, it sounded like she was pounding on her keyboard (I assume her phone was close to her keyboard). In the end, I could only hear about half of the webinar because she was so loud and annoying. Most of the presentation was done in person, so the speaker, fortunately, had no idea this was going on, especially since it was a thesis defense. it only impacted the handful of us who were streaming it. I kept listening in part because I was hoping she would either hang up since she clearly wasn't paying attention or would do or say something really embarrassing. Based on the way names highlighted on the webinar screen, i'm 99% sure I got her name, and I looked her up. Unfortunately, she works in Chicago and I'll probably never cross paths with her.

Secret Weapon
Perennial All-Star

Re: webinars

Post by Secret Weapon »

I'm surprised they didn't mute the participants, there is always one of those idiots

Gashouse
Perennial All-Star

Post by Gashouse »

Agree - the webinar host needs to up their game.

Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

Secret Weapon wrote:I'm surprised they didn't mute the participants, there is always one of those idiots
I've been that idiot before. Easy to do if you don't have your settings default to muting yourself. Hopefully only the once though.