TV Thread - beware, [expletive] can get spoilery

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
tlombard
tl;dr

Re: TV Thread - beware, [expletive] can get spoilery

Post by tlombard »

Michael wrote:Other than the ads I'm really enjoying Hulu. I really like their animated selection when I'm, uh, not sober. Rick and Morty is particularly good. I'm also finding Brooklyn 99 is an easy show to watch.

I'm really looking forward to trying Fargo and Atlanta as well.
I wasn't sure at first but I watched the first season of the Hulu Original Future Man and really enjoyed it. I think the second season is set to debut in January 2019.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

JAck Ryan on Amazon prime is good. Avoided it for a while, due to my notion of it having a hackneyed theme, white good superman vs bad muslims. Still some of that, but Krasinski is good as well as Wendell Pierce (The Wire). They do some humanizing of Middle Eastern characters (and then kill them off....ok not sure -3 episodes in)

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

i don't have amazon so it's not an issue but krasinski as jack ryan? no way. seems like he's trying to be chris pratt light

Freed Roger

Post by Freed Roger »

Jocephus wrote:i don't have amazon so it's not an issue but krasinski as jack ryan? no way. seems like he's trying to be chris pratt light
compared to Baldwin, or H Ford. he is more plausible as #s analyst guy and they let you know he's buff and has a backstory. Jim pulls it off.

Freed Roger

Post by Freed Roger »

Jocephus wrote:i don't have amazon so it's not an issue but krasinski as jack ryan? no way. seems like he's trying to be chris pratt light
Also, commenced my 3rd free trial membership with Amazon prime. Got my calendar reminder set to cancel, and know where the cancel option is buried on the their site. Middle-aged Man strikes again.

Suck it Bezos.

Hoot45
Perennial All-Star

Post by Hoot45 »

Freed Roger wrote:
Also, commenced my 3rd free trial membership with Amazon prime. Got my calendar reminder set to cancel, and know where the cancel option is buried on the their site. Middle-aged Man strikes again.

Suck it Bezos.
What's your secret? I'm a current Prime member. Is there a trick to getting trial memberships? Would like to knock down that $120/year expense at all if I can.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

Freed Roger wrote:

Suck it Bezos.
excellent reference

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

i really really enjoy this act
Will Ferrell and Molly Shannon to Return As Cord and Tish for the 2019 Rose Parade
https://www.vulture.com/2018/12/will-fe ... arade.html

Freed Roger

Post by Freed Roger »

Hoot45 wrote:
Freed Roger wrote:

Suck it Bezos.
What's your secret? I'm a current Prime member. Is there a trick to getting trial memberships? Would like to knock down that $120/year expense at all if I can.
Infrequent user of the streaming video. And random with shipping needs, normally the standard cheapest/slowest is good enough. (it still is quick)

Seems like it has been at least 6 months since last time (watched a couple seasons of The Wire then) Twice it was by accident/Amazon trickery, when clicking to buy something it signed me up.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

Tales From the Tour Bus on Cinemax is incredible. Mike Judge animated documentaries about legendary musicians.