Smartphones suck

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Re: Smartphones suck

Post by Radbird »

Nobody cares where I am and I don't care if they know.

pioneer98
Hall Of Famer

Post by pioneer98 »

We are on Total Wireless. I ruined my old Samsung Galaxy S6 by getting it wet. I had bought it used for $200 a couple years ago. I was traveling so I really needed a working phone. I went into a local Wal-Mart and got a Samsung Galaxy J3 for $60 (this was back in July). Luckily my sim card was not ruined. I took it from the old phone and put it in the new phone and it worked right off the bat. We just got my wife an LG Rebel 4 that has very similar specs to my Galaxy J3. Hers cost $70. Honestly the only thing I have found that I miss is the superior camera of my old S6. That's all, and the camera in my wife's LG is a bit better than mine, so she may not even miss that. This $60 phone can basically do everything a much more expensive phone can do, maybe with a bit of a longer lag once in a while. These both only have 16GB of storage but they can both take memory cards, which helps. No big loss if I crack the screen or whatever. It's barely worth getting a case for these phones.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

pioneer98 wrote:We are on Total Wireless. I ruined my old Samsung Galaxy S6 by getting it wet. I had bought it used for $200 a couple years ago. I was traveling so I really needed a working phone. I went into a local Wal-Mart and got a Samsung Galaxy J3 for $60 (this was back in July). Luckily my sim card was not ruined. I took it from the old phone and put it in the new phone and it worked right off the bat. We just got my wife an LG Rebel 4 that has very similar specs to my Galaxy J3. Hers cost $70. Honestly the only thing I have found that I miss is the superior camera of my old S6. That's all, and the camera in my wife's LG is a bit better than mine, so she may not even miss that. This $60 phone can basically do everything a much more expensive phone can do, maybe with a bit of a longer lag once in a while. These both only have 16GB of storage but they can both take memory cards, which helps. No big loss if I crack the screen or whatever. It's barely worth getting a case for these phones.
I'm with you on the cheaper phones. I recently replaced my Pixel (the original) with the Nokia 6.1 that I got for $230 from Best Buy. I love the phone. It performs just as well as the Pixel, has expandable memory, almost every spec is as good as or better than the original Pixel, has NFC and the finger print scanner on the back right where I like it. And on top of all of that it runs plain Android so it will get the monthly security updates as well as timely OS updates. Heck, it was installing 9.0 before I even had the phone set up. I had stuck to phones like the Moto G and Moto E or the Nexus 5X before the Pixel. Never again. This Nokia 6.1 does everything just as good as the Pixel and looks better doing it.

I did buy a case for this one though. I finally caved in and joined the case crowd.

JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear

Post by JCShutout »

Secret Weapon wrote:It's kind of cool to be able to go to your timeline map and look at all the dots of the places you've visited. You can go to the dots for when you were on vacation and see exactly what you did those days and take a look at the photos you took. It is kinda creepy, but kinda cool at the same time.
There's a book for that.

Its called a photo book, and it doesn't track your location and sell it.