GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently September 23 19, 1:04 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: December 15 18, 11:16 am 
Offline
darjeeling sipping elite
User avatar

Joined: October 17 06, 11:19 am
Posts: 36901
Location: Huis Clos
Since some think this board is only anti-Trump, here’s a spot to [expletive] about Dems.


Here’s a good piece on ‘progressive’ think tank Center For American Progress.


https://www.currentaffairs.org/2018/12/ ... g-the-left


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: December 15 18, 11:38 am 
Offline
Hall Of Famer
User avatar

Joined: April 18 06, 9:40 pm
Posts: 24343
Neera Tanden is pretty awful.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: December 15 18, 11:51 am 
Offline
Hall Of Famer
User avatar

Joined: October 12 06, 2:21 pm
Posts: 16908
Location: Baseball Ref Bullpen
Time for all the Clintonistas to find a nice spot to curl up and die.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: December 15 18, 1:28 pm 
Offline
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.
User avatar

Joined: December 6 10, 1:09 am
Posts: 11479
Location: Illinois
Joe Shlabotnik wrote:
Time for all the Clintonistas to find a nice spot to curl up and die.


This times a million.


The democrats also need to get much more mean and aggressive. Quit negotiating with themselves because no matter how much you water something down the right will never get on board.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: December 15 18, 2:28 pm 
Offline
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Joined: September 4 07, 1:48 pm
Posts: 24293
Location: St. Louis
Now McCaskill says negative stuff about Trump while heading out the door. A month ago she was playing GOPer campaigning about working with Trump on their racist border agenda.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: December 15 18, 3:39 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Famer
User avatar

Joined: July 15 08, 8:24 pm
Posts: 19778
Location: Low A Minors
A Facebook friend of mine just posted this image:

Spoiler: show
Image



This person's profile picture is a selfie of them with Cory Booker (from when he visited in October).

"CORPORATIONS STOLE MORE FROM THEIR WORKERS THAN THIEVES STOLE PERIOD AND THEN THEY GAVE A BUNCH OF IT TO CORY BOOKER'S PRESIDENTIAL CAMPAIGN"

In theory, these are the people that just need to be radicalized a teeny bit more. Sadly, this individual works with the county organization for the Dems so this is probably as radical as they will get. I can't stand this phony crap.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: December 15 18, 3:53 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Famer
User avatar

Joined: April 18 06, 9:40 pm
Posts: 24343
Freed Roger wrote:
Now McCaskill says negative stuff about Trump while heading out the door. A month ago she was playing GOPer campaigning about working with Trump on their racist border agenda.


How does she not realize she could have been herself this whole time? Yeah it’s good to be polite and not insult people over Twitter, but neutering yourself to the point of irrelevance/ineffectiveness doesn’t help either. Doesn’t seem like she was a closet lefty or anything but she’s way more appealing as a candidate now that she’s no longer an actual candidate.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: December 29 18, 11:29 pm 
Offline
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Joined: September 4 07, 1:48 pm
Posts: 24293
Location: St. Louis
The AOC McCaskill riff is telling of the problems with the dems. https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/12/29/politics/ocasio-cortez-mccaskill-criticism-rhetoric/index.html

McCaskill on AOC
Quote:
But I hope she also realizes that the parts of the country that are rejecting the Democratic Party, like a whole lot of white working class voters, need to hear about how their work is going to be respected, and the dignity of their jobs, and how we can really stick to issues that we can actually accomplish something on.
Some nonsense, especially with her failed attempt at playing the border politics to woo Missouri racists. She let that win by default over Todd Akin convince her she is a some sort of statesperson. At least she is leaving, now she needs to shut it and git.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: December 30 18, 12:38 pm 
Offline
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.
User avatar

Joined: December 6 10, 1:09 am
Posts: 11479
Location: Illinois
Freed Roger wrote:
The AOC McCaskill riff is telling of the problems with the dems. https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/12/29/politics/ocasio-cortez-mccaskill-criticism-rhetoric/index.html

McCaskill on AOC
Quote:
But I hope she also realizes that the parts of the country that are rejecting the Democratic Party, like a whole lot of white working class voters, need to hear about how their work is going to be respected, and the dignity of their jobs, and how we can really stick to issues that we can actually accomplish something on.
Some nonsense, especially with her failed attempt at playing the border politics to woo Missouri racists. She let that win by default over Todd Akin convince her she is a some sort of statesperson. At least she is leaving, now she needs to shut it and git.



McCaskill ran as a Republican and got her ass beat by a far right loon. Maybe just maybe it's time for the Democrats to start representing Democrats instead of trying to run to the right all the time. Good riddens Claire, you sucked go away and die.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: December 30 18, 3:13 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Famer
User avatar

Joined: April 18 06, 9:40 pm
Posts: 24343
ghostrunner wrote:
Freed Roger wrote:
Now McCaskill says negative stuff about Trump while heading out the door. A month ago she was playing GOPer campaigning about working with Trump on their racist border agenda.


How does she not realize she could have been herself this whole time? Yeah it’s good to be polite and not insult people over Twitter, but neutering yourself to the point of irrelevance/ineffectiveness doesn’t help either. Doesn’t seem like she was a closet lefty or anything but she’s way more appealing as a candidate now that she’s no longer an actual candidate.


This didn’t age well. She’s still being outspoken but it’s against Democrats acting the way you should expect Democrats to act.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group