movies

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
go birds
-go birds

Re: movies

Post by go birds »

watched the new mission impossible. it was entertaining but more of the same. 3/5 stars

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

go birds wrote:watched the new mission impossible. it was entertaining but more of the same. 3/5 stars
[SHOW]
Tom Cruise couldn't beat up Superman

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

JL21 wrote:
Vidor wrote:2005: Can't really speak to "Crash" over "Brokeback Mountain" as I haven't seen either, but after "South Park" called "Brokeback Mountain" in advance with that episode about gay cowboys eating pudding...
Pretty much anything that was remotely close to winning an award in 2005 was better than Crash. My dirty, sweaty nuts are better than Crash.

And yes, ET was light years better than Gandhi. So was The Verdict, Sophie's Choice, Diner, and Blade Runner. I don't mean to run down Gandhi- it was a perfectly decent film- but I'd take those others over it.

Finally saw The Verdict. Down the rabbit hole from the Michael Clayton recs. Really good, sort of old school legal drama.

Speaking of Michael Clayton, none of you answered my question

lukethedrifter wrote:
Freed Roger wrote:
thrill wrote:
stlouie_lipp wrote:
Michael wrote:Late to the party, but last night I watched Michael Clayton on Amazon Prime. It's very good thriller that futures peak Clooney.
Love that movie. Good to know its on Prime.
Possibly my favorite movie of all time. So many incredible performances. Insane cast.
heck to the yeah. skimmed past that movie so many times. this is why I read this thread
[SHOW]
Did he not stop for the ponies on the hill because they were the drawing from the book his kid gave to Edens?

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

I always figured he stopped to look at the horses because he was having a breakdown and questioning his entire life and the horses represent a simpler beauty and freedom.

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

Bird Box was dumb as hell

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

I enjoyed the family outrage when snuck in a viewing of the 1st Buster Scruggs vignette.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

thrill wrote:I always figured he stopped to look at the horses because he was having a breakdown and questioning his entire life and the horses represent a simpler beauty and freedom.

https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comment ... _my_first/

stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Post by stlouie_lipp »

lukethedrifter wrote:
thrill wrote:I always figured he stopped to look at the horses because he was having a breakdown and questioning his entire life and the horses represent a simpler beauty and freedom.

Ahhh

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

lukethedrifter wrote: Finally saw The Verdict. Down the rabbit hole from the Michael Clayton recs. Really good, sort of old school legal drama.
The Verdict is one of my top 5 Newman movies...maybe top 3.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

stlouie_lipp wrote:
lukethedrifter wrote:

Ahhh
Realm and Conquest matters.