Fowler 2019

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Re: Fowler 2019

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

Jocephus wrote:this has clearly gone beyond discussing but i do find it odd that of all random cardinals twitter, cards talk comments, and other various cardinal baseball internet jibber jabber, which GRB has no control or discretion over, these other entities discussions are taken as fact and come back here as "proof" by some who think, and one who happens to fawn over hard data, that the whole (or large and thus complacent) contingency of cards fandom is racist or unsavory. that said person is unable to understand that 5-10% of any population is always going to showcase the rubes and uninformed but that doesn't mean everybody is complicit. also odd that the one poster in particular, who acknowledged coming from the toxicity of cards talk (which we all did! praise michael!), comes to this forum and brings his own level of toxicity then blames cardinals fans/forum members on a new era of toxicity that was never present beforehand.

don't lock the thread though. my fowler 2019 comments are as follows:

i hope he is productive for the cardinals sake and hope dexter has a good year for his own goals and satisfaction as a professional athlete. i wouldn't pretend to suggest i know what it takes.
You can just say you have a problem with me dude. My response wasn't even about race, it was about how some are beloved for playing like garbage--so there should be a spot for Fowler to get similar support from the fanbase.

RE: Toxicity and "it's only the bottom feeders and not the rest of us" there's plenty of examples of spats on here that aren't started by me. Just yesterday there was one. And plenty of racist/bad takes on here that aren't me either. But go ahead and blame me. Sorry you feel that way. It seems your association with racial topics with "toxicity" is an issue in and of itself. Most of my posts do talk baseball. A good 95% of them.
Last edited by Big Amoco Sign on December 24 18, 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NDark
Veteran Player

Post by NDark »

Big Amoco Sign wrote:
NDark wrote:This message board is being overtaken. Every other thread turns into the same general topic about race and how most of the fan base is racist. I'm surprised these people still have such a rooting interest in a franchise overun by bigots.
Geeze, what’s wrong with having a conversation? Dramatic much? Anyways we can move on from race subject. It’s silly to act like it’s not some of the force behind his depression when Mo says “effort” and “lazy” and what not. Especially when Mo admitted to being wrong.
That's funny because my definition of dramatic is turning multiple conversations that have nothing to do with race into a racial conversation around calling out everyone from board members to the front office.

Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

NDark wrote:
Big Amoco Sign wrote:
NDark wrote:This message board is being overtaken. Every other thread turns into the same general topic about race and how most of the fan base is racist. I'm surprised these people still have such a rooting interest in a franchise overun by bigots.
Geeze, what’s wrong with having a conversation? Dramatic much? Anyways we can move on from race subject. It’s silly to act like it’s not some of the force behind his depression when Mo says “effort” and “lazy” and what not. Especially when Mo admitted to being wrong.
That's funny because my definition of dramatic is turning multiple conversations that have nothing to do with race into a racial conversation around calling out everyone from board members to the front office.
I didn't turn anything into race that wasn't already about that. I did not make the "white" comment, another poster did. This always happens where it's blame on me because I have a strong opinion about said topic.

I'll take a break from the boards. Not worth it. Have a happy holidays GRB.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

if you think my sleep patterns are based on comments on GRB then you are really mistaken, strange you'd put that consideration in your life. i personally have gotten used to you and you do/have provided an entertaining, if not informative, read and I can appreciate that but you do love to play the blame game. I would like to remind that GRB is not Twitter, it's not CardsTalk. You realize this forum is a product of disgust of CardsTalk? 12 years ago, inspired by NSBB ( you love Theo and the Cubs, eh?! :D), 1 brave soul created a St Louis Cardinals forum to discuss a love of team that many could share but couldn't express properly and freely without rampant moderation and overt fandom that was CardsTalk and the StL Dispacth (damn you mike smith!). So Mr. Michael created GRB in spring of 2006 and more voices were heard (plus 2 championships which i give all credit to us). Please do not sully this forum.

bluesman1111
Fringe Major League Player

Post by bluesman1111 »

During the off season last year I was wondering why everyone was so excited about a player that had a great four hundred ab's, a late bloomer with a degenerative eye disease. Now I wish Pham all the luck in the world, but I don't think you can blame The Cards for not offering him a bigger deal before the start of the season. So he kept talking about how he was betting on himself, and then when things started to go south, I don't think he handled things to well and it affected his play. He gets to Tampa and after a short while he begins to produce again. Now that's how I saw it play out, just because he started producing in Tampa doesn't mean he would've done that here or that he'll do it again next year. Late bloomer with a degenerative eye disease.

Socnorb11
The Last Word

Post by Socnorb11 »

Big Amoco Sign wrote:What antics of Pham? Describe his antics.

Did you like Chris Carpenter’s antics? Did you like Rolen’s?

There’s criticism (Dexter’s defensive skills declining) and then there’s a pattern (“he doesn’t hustle enough”).

All Pham did was call out Mo and Matheny for being an idiot (he was right—they even admitted to being wrong) and uh....what? Got mad at himself for a groundball out too much? Too “animated?” Holliday did that all the time. Carpenter does constantly.

Most folks here have called out Matheny, as well.

Matheny is white.

It's a pretty simple Twitter search if you want to take a look.

doe_boy
Hall Of Famer

Post by doe_boy »

My point was that depression affects many people. It drags people down and sometimes out.

You can be a highly paid athlete, a trust fund heir to millions, a Hollywood star, white...black...male...female.

Depression sucks.

But, Merry Christmas anyway!

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

In conclusion, we learned that 30 seconds of googling can find you racist Twitter eggs of any fanbase. The end.