Anyone following @cardinals_live ?

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
go birds
-go birds

Re: Anyone following @cardinals_live ?

Post by go birds »

id love to have bellinger, but the last thing i wanna do is help the dodgers bolster their endless supply of prospects

Diddy
Perennial All-Star

Post by Diddy »

go birds wrote:id love to have bellinger, but the last thing i wanna do is help the dodgers bolster their endless supply of prospects
We can get them back in the rule 5 draft

Cardinals_Spaceship
Everyday Player

Post by Cardinals_Spaceship »

He was on a podcast saying the Cardinals are interested in Dallas Keuchel. Also said there's a chance the Cardinals are possibly closer to getting involved in the Harper sweepstakes.

Take it for what it's worth.

bluesman1111
Fringe Major League Player

Post by bluesman1111 »

Cardinals_Spaceship wrote:He was on a podcast saying the Cardinals are interested in Dallas Keuchel. Also said there's a chance the Cardinals are possibly closer to getting involved in the Harper sweepstakes.

Take it for what it's worth.
Would love to see DK for three years, possibly four at the most, just doesn't seem likely. But I would say that's more likely than Harper.

Fat Strat
Official GRB Sponsor of Larry Bigbie

Post by Fat Strat »

Keuchel is exactly the kind of player we should give a hard look at as prices and years continue to drop from earlier in the offseason. One of the reasons I was against Wainwright's deal was because it essentially eliminated someone like Keuchel as a possibility before the offseason even started as we got a feel for the market. But, man, we could use a player like that and his presence would go along way to improving our bullpen, too.

Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

Big No to Keuchel unless he can be had on a one year Lynn type deal.

Free falling K% and rising contact %. Will get worse as he ages. We can easily build an aggregate-Keuchel with current pieces.

Sinker ballers hit an aging cliff.

Fat Strat
Official GRB Sponsor of Larry Bigbie

Post by Fat Strat »

Big Amoco Sign wrote:Big No to Keuchel unless he can be had on a one year Lynn type deal.

Free falling K% and rising contact %. Will get worse as he ages. We can easily build an aggregate-Keuchel with current pieces.

Sinker ballers hit an aging cliff.
2 years is what I'm thinking in a month or so when costs and years have nearly collapsed. And no, you can't just build a Keuchel aggregate. Every time you move a piece or two into that spot as part of the aggregate, you turn another spot into replacement level. Slide Keuchel into that #5 spot where he gives you an almost guaranteed 200 ip's of 3.5 WAR, and suddenly Reyes is your injury replacement starter, or working out of the pen. AW becomes a full-time reliever, the role he's probably best suited to succeed in. And a questionable player that we were relying on for a full time role becomes a bus rider.

Arrieta got 3 guaranteed years and 2 team options. I think 2 years for Kuechel with some options might be feasible around the start of ST. I'm just fine with that.

Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

Keuchel blowing from 2020-2022 is what I worry about in a deal with him. Taking up spots of young guys and probably not being as valuable in the bullpen with such a low K%.

You can easily do Reyes and Hudson at 100 IP a piece and create Keuchel or better. That's an aggregate.

redbirdjazzz
Perennial All-Star

Post by redbirdjazzz »

Big Amoco Sign wrote:Keuchel blowing from 2020-2022 is what I worry about in a deal with him. Taking up spots of young guys and probably not being as valuable in the bullpen with such a low K%.

You can easily do Reyes and Hudson at 100 IP a piece and create Keuchel or better. That's an aggregate.
I want to start a band called Aggregate Keuchel.

Cardinals_Spaceship
Everyday Player

Post by Cardinals_Spaceship »

There’s another guy, Cardinals Fan in N.C., who claims to have insider knowledge also. Only thing with him is that he contradicts himself often. For example, he was saying the Cardinals are in play for Keuchel and Marwin Gonzalez and there was a good chance to get one of the two. Now he says he was wrong to say that. He’s also been very adamant that Harper isn’t coming to the Cardinals but now says he’s heard good vibes about it. I understand things are fluid but hard to have much credibility when you flip back and forth about things you try to “report”.

Also, both he and Cardinals Live said a month or so ago that a Martinez trade was imminent and that never developed ... so who knows.