Re: 2018-19 NBA Thread

Post by Jocephus »

for bulls fans
[SHOW]

33anda3rd
Replies Authoritatively

Post by 33anda3rd »

Supposedly the Bulls have had plenty of conversations with other teams and there is a lot of interest in Jabari. The removal of him from the rotation is probably to keep a famously fragile player from getting hurt while negotiating deals.

I'm glad they're dealing him, he has been hot trash, especially on defense. On D opponents just go right around him. He doesn't look like he's even trying to move his feet to stay in front of guys. Players like Daniel Theis, a third-string center too big and slow to not be fronted by Jabari, go right around him. It's awful to watch. .293 from 3P and under .800 from the free throw line adds to how bad his D is. Even if he's scoring 15 a night and grabbing 7 boards with those points he's a very bad player on this team.

Socnorb11
The Last Word

Post by Socnorb11 »

Can Westbrook go 1 game in a row without picking a fight with someone?

MAGA
All-Star

Post by MAGA »

Socnorb11 wrote:Can Westbrook go 1 game in a row without picking a fight with someone?
no.

Tim
Consider him admonished

Post by Tim »

Socnorb11 wrote:It's amazing that he's doing that. It's incredibly hard to find anything to not like about the guy.
He seems to be immune from the PC police.

Which I wish more people were so fortunate.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

Tim wrote:
Socnorb11 wrote:It's amazing that he's doing that. It's incredibly hard to find anything to not like about the guy.

You talking about the Jewish money lyrics thing?

Tim
Consider him admonished

Post by Tim »

lukethedrifter wrote:
Tim wrote:

You talking about the Jewish money lyrics thing?
And white slave owner thing, yes. (Did I just merge two threads in my response?)

Socnorb11
The Last Word

Post by Socnorb11 »

Shockingly, Jimmy Butler is unhappy with his role in Philadelphia.

33anda3rd
Replies Authoritatively

Post by 33anda3rd »

Zach LaVine will never wear Bulls laundry in a playoff game and should be traded for a draft pick who will.

They got [expletive] waxed by the Dubs again last night. Klay put 30 on LaVine. The YouTube vid below, Klay torched them again last night, and you can't find one example in that nine-minute condensed game vid where LaVine makes any kind of defensive play--or effort--on Klay. Go to the 0:53 mark, watch the fast break, LaVine gives up at the end.

In a game in which his team got their butts kicked, LaVine, a duo point/shooting guard, had ZERO assists. Didn't even try to get his teammates involved. He did, of course, lead the team in shot attempts. Last time Klay did this to them? Ironically, go to the 0:53 mark in this video also to watch standard Lavine D, where he gives up on defending a shot:

he doesn't play much D or close out on Klay well at all throughout that video. At best he fails to get through a pick then lunges with a hand up. There are spots in there where Klay pulls up on the break, after already hitting a bunch, and Lavine gives him all the room in the world to just pull up and shoot. He's terrible. The Bulls are 3-3 when LaVine doesn't play. He has only 3 games this year where his +/- is double digits to the plus side. He just flat-out annoys me as both a hometown fan and as someone who loves basketball and likes good play.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

Turkey accusing Enes Kanter of being part of terror group
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2577 ... ork-knicks