Addison Russell to be suspended for DV

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
33anda3rd
Replies Authoritatively

Re: Addison Russell to be suspended for DV

Post by 33anda3rd »

MAGA wrote:It was sarcasm. But it’s funny how I got the backlash and the Cubs aren’t, when they’re the ones implying the same message by giving him millions of dollars.
Aren't you the one who claimed that the means, however vulgar and offensive they may be, don't matter as long as you win?

MAGA
All-Star

Post by MAGA »

33anda3rd wrote:
MAGA wrote:It was sarcasm. But it’s funny how I got the backlash and the Cubs aren’t, when they’re the ones implying the same message by giving him millions of dollars.
Aren't you the one who claimed that the means, however vulgar and offensive they may be, don't matter as long as you win?
I don’t recall saying that, no.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

The cubs had a chance to send a message much the same way the chiefs did releasing Hunt. Except the cubs at least could do it in the offseason with time to address their newfound shortcoming prior to a playoff push. But, the cubs aren’t that good.

They also didn’t stand by Russell either. Instead they took advantage of the situation and [expletive] him over by forcing his m to take a below market deal. Which is a great approach for a [expletive] organization like the cubs. What a bunch of [expletive] [expletive]. God I hate the [expletive] cubs. Loveable losers!

AWvsCBsteeeerike3

What the duck happened to the first part of my message.

Cronos
In perpetuum

Post by Cronos »

AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:The cubs had a chance to send a message much the same way the chiefs did releasing Hunt. Except the cubs at least could do it in the offseason with time to address their newfound shortcoming prior to a playoff push. But, the cubs aren’t that good.

They also didn’t stand by Russell either. Instead they took advantage of the situation and [expletive] him over by forcing his m to take a below market deal. Which is a great approach for a [expletive] organization like the cubs. What a bunch of [expletive] [expletive]. God I hate the [expletive] cubs. Loveable losers!
Now THAT is a classic Jim-like post. :wink:

MAGA
All-Star

Post by MAGA »

AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:What the duck happened to the first part of my message.
You know what happened.

Socnorb11
The Last Word

Post by Socnorb11 »

AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:The cubs had a chance to send a message much the same way the chiefs did releasing Hunt. Except the cubs at least could do it in the offseason with time to address their newfound shortcoming prior to a playoff push. But, the cubs aren’t that good.

Well, the Chiefs didn't do the right thing either until there was video evidence.

You're right about the Cubs, however. They're the least moral organization in sports.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3

Well the chiefs allegedly didn’t know what happened until there was video evidence. Regardless. They kicked hunts ass to the curb harder than he kicked that woman when they found out. The cubs didn’t even have to cut Russell. All they had to do was not tender a contract but they didn’t even have the cahones to do that because they condone beating, raping, and womanizing in general. It’s pretty easy to make an analogy here that Russell is Weinstein and the cubs are the movie biz. But that’s probably selling Weinstein short. He may have terrorized women for decades but I’m not sure he terrorized one for years on end.

Socnorb11
The Last Word

Post by Socnorb11 »

The Chiefs and the NFL had recordings of the 911 call, from the very beginning. Their owner said that he knew of at least 3 separate off-field incidents wrt Hunt, prior to the video being released.

They did the right thing, no doubt. However, it shouldn't take video evidence (it shouldn't take that for Russell, and it shouldn't have taken that for Hunt, and it shouldn't have taken that for Ray Rice).

The Cubs are worse, because they've been down this road before, and never learn.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3

Okay