TV Thread - beware, [expletive] can get spoilery

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
Famous Mortimer
Perennial All-Star

Re: TV Thread - beware, [expletive] can get spoilery

Post by Famous Mortimer »

I like to keep a cheesy sci-fi show on the go at all times, and now it's "Cleopatra 2525". It's lots of fun.

I'm just overwhelmed by the choice. There's too much entertainment, I think. It's like, I found "Future Man" and really liked it, and it's a Hulu original? And all the streaming services have multiple shows, and there's networks and cable...I don't have a family and I can't even come close to keeping up.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

I think the next season of Future Man comes out pretty soon and I'm really looking forward to it!

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

I've been appreciating the late seasons of some old faves lately. Not great, but more worthwhile than I remembered:

The cold opens in season 8 of The Office are really great.

Keith David in Season 6 of Community is a revelation. Criminally underused comedically.

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

So True Detective is back with season 3. Did season 2 kill everyone's desire for this new season? I think I'll at least give it a go, but if it's too full of [expletive] (and I expect it will be), I'm not seeing this thing through.

Hoot45
Perennial All-Star

Post by Hoot45 »

I watched a few episodes of 'Nailed It' after reading tlombard's recommendation. Thought it was fresh and fun to watch. Had some good laughs. Nicole Byer is indeed a fantastic host.

cardsfantx
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardsfantx »

heyzeus wrote:So True Detective is back with season 3. Did season 2 kill everyone's desire for this new season? I think I'll at least give it a go, but if it's too full of [expletive] (and I expect it will be), I'm not seeing this thing through.
they did 2 episodes for some reason last night for the season 3 premier...and they were pretty freaking good IMO.

I don't think season 2 was awful...I've def watched way worse series. I think the bar was just set so high after season 1, that anything they did in season 2 would be a let down in comparison.

that being said, the 2 episodes last night for season 3 were terrific. time will tell how the season will stack up against season 1 overall, but it's off to a great start.

(HBO really never advertised the upcoming season for some reason...GOT crap is all over the place, and HBO seemingly has a new teaser every week it seems. up until a week or 2 before TD season 3 premiered, I didn't recall seeing anything from HBO on TD season 3)

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

Season 1 was great, Season 2 was an irony masterpiece, and I am excited and optimistic for Season 3.

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

Season 3 is going to be terrific. I only watched Episode 1 last night, but the magic is back.

It's gonna be hard to top Season 1 (that was some of the best TV i've witnessed), and after the debacle that was Season 2, my expectations were low, but i'm convinced Nick is back on his bullsh*t.

I dunno who this Ali guy is, but he's damn good in this and stephen dorf does a nice job as a gruff, reckless sidekick.

TRue Detective is back baby !!!

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

Watching Ep 1 now. I think I'm back on board.

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

Late to the party, but I can now confirm Atlanta is amazing.